satellite radio [Archive] - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums

: satellite radio

galaxy
05-22-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm thinking about getting sat radio installed in my Armada. Does the factory sat tie directly into the factory Bose system. Do you use the Bose system to control the sat radio stations? Or is there another piece installed like the aftermarket ones?

gwk007
05-22-2005, 06:14 PM
hi galaxy, check some of the other posts under the satellite radio heading. you will probably find the answer. it has been really helpful to me.
gary

TooTall
05-22-2005, 08:12 PM
I have sat radio with my Bose system. You use the same controls that you use now. This is nothing external that you will see once the system is installed. You press the "radio" button until you see "XM" come up, or Sirius. Simple as that.

galaxy
05-22-2005, 09:58 PM
That's great. Thanks for the info,

TooTall
05-22-2005, 11:31 PM
A little more info for you, once you have the sat radio selected, you can go through each channel individually by using the right channel selector know. (Same knob you would use to tune manually through an FM or AM radio station.) Also, you can search by genre by selecting the seek arrows on the radio. Keep hitting it until the genre you want to listen to comes up. Once your in that genre, there are usally 5 or more stations applicable (At least that's how XM does it.)

galaxy
05-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Now I have to go and spend more money.

Malik112099
05-26-2005, 03:20 PM
the satellite radio for the factory radio costs a few hundred $$$ ..... you could also buy standalones like the Roady2 for WAY cheaper

LOONEY
05-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Unfortunately my 04 Mada doesn't have the hookup for satellite radio so I'm going to have to get a stand-alone unit. However, I'm not sure whether to go with XM or Sirius...any suggestions?