Fuse access and designation list [Archive] - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums

: Fuse access and designation list

rbasales
11-23-2010, 12:43 PM
I have a 2010 Armada Platinum, I would appreciate a complete list of fuse #'s, designations, sizes and locations.. Unless I missed it, it is not in the owners manual. I have never seen an owners manual that did not list all the fuses, locations ETC. .
Additionally is there a way to pop out the fuse boxes under the hood, behind the battery, for better access? I had to replace a 10A in the #4 slot and it was damn near impossible. The second box back of the battery is a PITA; both to read the list and replace the fuses. I would appreciate any tricks an/or suggestions.

Mykroft
11-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Well, the fuses are described on the underside of the fuse box in a diagram. I think this is how Nissan traditionally does it since it was the same on my 2002 Pathfinder.

Some of the descriptions are a bit cryptic though, so it's not always clear what each one is. Even the service manuals don't do a great job of describing the purpose for each fuse.

I can tell you from my 2011 Armada, which is probably 99% the same, there are two fuse boxes under the hood behind the battery, which you obviously know about. The one in the back is hard to reach but shouldn't need to be accessed as often I'd guess.

There's also one in the glove box on the right side.

BTW, in my 2011 Armada, it does describe the locations of the fuse boxes, but leaves no description of each fuse, leaving that to the covers for the fuse boxes.

BlakSpyda
11-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Welcome to CA rbasales!

The fuse information and diagrams of the fuse box are in the 2010 manual in section 8 - Maintenance and do-it-yourself on pages 8-23 through 8-25

rbasales
11-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the responses and the welcome message. Initially when I had the fuse issue, I read section 8 in the manual to determine where the boxes are located. However, I was disappointed that there was not a comprehensive list of fuses; locations, numbers, sizes, function etc. I was able to read the on box diagrams, unfortunately the list on the vertical surface of 2nd box back of the battery is extremely hard to read. The fuses F1>F4 are very difficult to access. I had to pop 3 harness connections in order to have enough room to remove and replace the fuse.
With that said, I would appreciate if any other CA members are aware of;
1. Any site where I can access and print a comprehensive list of fuse descriptions
2. Any "tricks of the trade" for removal and replacing fuses in the #2 behind battery box.
This is the 1st Nissan I have owned since 1978 when I had a Datsun 610(?) wagon. Overall I am pleased, however the owners manual is lacking in some areas, especially concerning diagrams on some components. It hardly mentions the auto leveling system.
Thanks again for the feedback and if some one can send the info I need i would especially appreciate it.

BlakSpyda
11-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Hopefully this will help. Check here.

Relays: http://www.courtesyparts.com/armada-parts-ta60-2004-2010/genuine-nissan-parts/body-electrical/252-relay/-c-1063_1064_1099_1104.html

Body Electric: http://www.courtesyparts.com/armada-parts-ta60-2004-2010/genuine-nissan-parts/body-electrical/-c-1063_1064_1099.html

rbasales
11-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Eric,
Thank you, that gets me started in the right direction.