Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Radio fades in and out

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  marctronixx 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 Armada and when on FM radio mode it plays for 30- 60 seconds all radio stations fades out. Once you turn the radio off and on it will assume play for another 30-60 seconds...only to have to repeat the process.

Anyone experience the same or know a solution?

#2 ·
so i take it this JUST started happening today?

do you have any aftermarket radio/ AV parts installed? does this happen on a AM radio station?

if you have SAT, does it happen on SAT?

did you remove power to the unit recently?

does this happen anywhere in the city? and you can repeat this every 30-60 seconds?

does it sound like inter-station white noise? or some other type of noise?

are the connections on the back radio antenna on the glass in good shape?

does the radio display change during this issue?

and once the issue starts does it go away or do you have to turn off and then back on the radio?

also when the issue is going on, what happens if you change channels? does the noise or lack thereof continue or does it go away once you change a station?

dont use the preset buttons, rotate the seek knob manually to test.

#3 ·
so i take it this JUST started happening today? It's been happening for quite some time now. My wife is the primary driver of the vehicle and claims its been like this for a few months.

do you have any aftermarket radio/ AV parts installed? does this happen on a AM radio station? No. All original equipment. And the problem occurs with AM stations as well. We can listen to a cd or mp3 uninterrupted.

if you have SAT, does it happen on SAT? N/A

did you remove power to the unit recently? Never

does this happen anywhere in the city? and you can repeat this every 30-60 seconds? Everywhere. Always.

does it sound like inter-station white noise? or some other type of noise? White noise

are the connections on the back radio antenna on the glass in good shape? I am assuming so. We are the original owners of the Armada and we have never been in a car accident.

does the radio display change during this issue? No. The stations remains on display.

and once the issue starts does it go away or do you have to turn off and then back on the radio? When the issue starts you can hit the power button and the same station plays for a few more seconds before it fades out again.

also when the issue is going on, what happens if you change channels? does the noise or lack thereof continue or does it go away once you change a station?
Yes.

dont use the preset buttons, rotate the seek knob manually to test. Same thing regardless of preprogrammed or manually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.