Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Couple of issues

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Pops 
#1 · (Edited)
So I drove the Armada that I've had my eye on for a second time today. Got to drive it for about 45 minutes and really get a good look at things.

A couple of things aren't right and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them.

1) The back windows, both of them, roll down just fine but roll up very slow. They get to a point where you wonder if they're going to even finish rolling up.

2) Randomly there will be a loud clicking that comes from the gauge cluster area. Nothing is can be felt, and it can't be repeated at will.

3) The 4wd drive light on the cluster is always on. I ran it through the 4hi and low settings and could feel it changing modes. Drove it in both modes and it was activated. The seller says the light is on because the battery was dead, which it was. Any truth to that? I've never seen a light come on and stay on due to a dead battery.

It's a 2010 platinum.

Thanks guys!

See less See more
#3 ·
Is there a reason those fools can't put in a new battery to sell the car?? Those few that have had electrical glitches ended up with a whole lotta problems. I would want it all to be proven to be good before signing off on it.

#4 ·
yeah car fax the sucka?

get eh scan tool and see if you get an error form the 4WD system.

the clicking in the dash sounds like the vent baffle motor. those motors are connected to a plastic gear thats attached to the door to direct aif flow. sometimes the door can get stuck in a position and the click could be the motor jumping the teeth on the plastic gear.

run the HVAC with the fan on the highest speed (does not have to be on A/C) and cycle through the air flow settings (floor, dash, top/defog), giving a few seconds in each cycle. see if you hear any clicks or not. thos has happened in other parts of the HVAC system also.

#5 ·
Try test driving a different Armada and see if you notice a difference.

#6 ·
All great suggestions and info, will do. The rear windows being so slow isn't right, but good to know they keep working.

A little history. The truck is a theft recovery with clean title. I've yet to check carfax since I haven't sold the hummer. The price right now is 27k w 35k on the clock. If the carfax shows theft recovery which I'm thinking it will, I might forego the purchase anyways. Unless I can get it for less. I figure at 27 k I'm at about 8k discount and I'd need a bit more to feel good about the resale.

I've yet to have it checked out at a shop. The under side looks brand new, the panels are straight, doesn't appear to have had body work done. Seller says the only thing they did was turn the rotors.

I've talked to the Nissan dealer the truck was bought at and it was serviced regularly, most recalls have been completed and some warranty work was done.

It's a big if right now. There's a big piece of hood liner that's gone right above the engine. Could have been from heat for all I know. I need more time for investigative work. It's a risk buying a theft recovery.

Thanks again all. Ill keep you posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.