Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

DVD and radio at same time

17K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  verakot 
#1 ·
Ok guys.. So is it possible for my kids to watch a DVD and listen via headphones and I listen to the radio at the same time? To me it seems odd that if my kids want to watch a DVD I have to listen to it the whole time. Or even if they have their headphones on, I can't listen to anything.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
I tried that the other day and while they use headphones, i can hear the radio. All you have to do is punch in headphones on and then push on radio.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
same thing I do here

#6 ·
Once you turn the DVD on, make sure you press the headphones button so you see the headphones image on the console. Make sure the kids are hearing the DVD. Then press the Radio button on the console (not on the steering wheel).

If this does not work, and your dealer to fix the issue - maybe the headphone button is not working?

#18 ·
I think the intent of the design is to turn the rear speakers off when the headphones are turned on. The big kids can listen radio from the front speakers while little ones can watch the DVD over the headphones.

#22 ·
OK, I have tried step by step of what to do for this. 2012_Platinum, I have the DVD playing in back with DVD coming through the headphones.

1. I pressed the Headphone button on the consul. The rear speakers turn off and the front play the DVD.
2. Now if I press the CD or Radio button on the Dash, it changes the headphone audio as well.

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports am I missing here?:mad:

BTW I have a 2012 SL :D

#25 ·
Before doing step 1, did you turn your DVD on by pressing the button on the steering wheel? You must use it first to turn the DVD on. If you just selected the DVD from the panel, it will control both the front and the rear.

Try that and let us know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.