Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

05 armada overheating

12K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Boland01 
#1 ·
05 nissan armada overheating... while driving on the highway with the a/c on it runs great... when i come to a red light or traffic slows it starts to overheat never fails so i turn a/c off and switch to full heat and it returns to operating temp after about 15 secs but only for 10 to 15 mins even with the heater on then it overheats again, once it overheats with the heater on it starts to blow neutral air not hot not cold and my tranny starts to slip... i replaced radiator months before problem... since ive had this issue ive replaced, fan clucth, aux fan, thermostat and rad cap... not sure but i think the water pump is ok as i can see water flowing in the radiator... Please help

#3 ·
Change out your radiator, it is clogged, some reason the regular OEM type with the plastic tops and bottoms tend to clog, bite the bullet and put in an all aluminum one.

#4 ·
Can be clogged! But!

Ok so if your coolant fluid level on the high mark. Using the reservoir. To me it sounds like there isn't much coolant in there since you mentioned about the heater stop working. When you fill it up make sure you hotly check the radiator but the reservoir as well. It's not a normal overflow reservoir like opmost cars have. If thermostat isn't opening you wouldn't see the flow through the radiator like you mentioned.

#5 ·
Overheating on low trafic and A/C

You are describing exactly the problem with my 2007 Armada SE. She has 34000 miles. Someone told me that the problem is that air bubbles in the system that remained after any repair. I do not know how I can purge it. If someone can tell me how, we could try to fix it. Thank you.

#9 ·
New to the form need some help got a 04 Nissan armada 4x4 and just got a power pup will it work on my year of truck
Welcome to the Club. Be sure to participate in the Ride of the Month (ROTM) threads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#10 ·
Had this the same problem with our 05 LE 2-1/2 years ago. Changed out the thermostat and had the Nissan dealer bleed the system. Still no change. Solved the problem by buying a new radiator (Koyo) and putting it in myself.

After that we have had zero issues. Turns out the original oem radiator was pretty clogged up internally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.