Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1st accident

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  thalia 
#1 ·
Driving to pickup my daughter this afternoon I got rear ended on the highway by a Uhaul truck. The Armada took the hit pretty well, and looked less damaged than the uhaul, but I think there is more hidden damage underneath the car. The entire bumper needs to be replaced, passenger side tail light, and maybe my hitch. The hitch is what concerns me because it may have caused frame damage since they didn't hit me square. The other driver and myself both have the same insurance company so it should make the process easier, but I still feel like the insurance is already dragging their feet because they need to investigate the accident.

#2 ·
You have good reason for concern. Be sure to carefully inspect the frame and suspension components for damage.

#3 ·
ditto what scr said ^

#4 ·
Well more importantly you're ok.

Im glad to hear the Armada took less damage than the Uhaul, thats a safe vehicle for ya

#5 ·
Already have my Armada back!!!! $1200.00 in damage, but it was only the bumper, bumper end cap, taillight, step pads, reverse sensors, and hit plug cover. I very happy that there wasn't damage to my frame, body panels, or myself.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#6 ·
NICE! that's some excellent news! His insurance cover it?

#7 ·
No, their insurance hasn't covered it yet. We both have the same insurance company, but they are trying to scam the system. I was hit by a U-haul truck, and the renter of the U-haul was following behind the truck in her small sedan. She wanted me to say her little sedan hit me because it already had damage, but it was obvious that I was hit by a larger vehicle. She has given the insurance company multiple stories, so they are investigating further. If her small sedan had hit me it would have destroyed the front of her car.

#8 ·
silly people! this is why they have insurance! Older or younger driver? Your insurance cover the bill?

#9 ·
Glad there wasnt any frame damage!

#10 ·
Glad you're all okay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.