Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Intrest in 6 in Lift Kit for Armada/QX56?

235K views 650 replies 60 participants last post by  Todd 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay so as some of you know, I've been working with Greg at PRG Products to source us upgraded Rear Springs which will hopefully combat the rear sag issues and firm up the rear end. If you want more info on that check out and watch what's going on in the Armada Rear Springs thread... Moving on to topic at hand... In my discussion with Greg I was asking him about possible lift kits for the Armada now that Rancho and Procomp have discontinued their lines and we floated a couple ideas around. The result being:

HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A 6 in LIFT KIT THROUGH GREG (would have a rear subframe from Rancho)?

If there is enough interest and people willing to get a kit, Greg is willing to talk to some of his people over at Rancho at try to get them to run a Limited Production Run. :D

Right now we, Greg and I, are attempting to guage people's interest and get a head count on how many might be interest in a possible group buy.

SO I ask again:

HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A 6 in LIFT KIT THROUGH GREG (would have a rear subframe from Rancho)?

ADDITIONAL INFO:

We would be looking at pairing the Rancho rear subframe with the front section of the lift kit for a Nissan Titan- since Titans and Armada's share the same front end... You could potential get the parts powder coated any color you wanted ;).... Also at this time unsure what pricing would potentially be. I will be talking with Greg more next week. If you have any questions let me know and I'll pass them along to Greg.

*****Link to FINAL lists ***** http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?p=290745#post290745

*****Link to INTEREST lists ***** http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?p=235609G

*****UPDATES*****
Link to CURRENT update on status of lift kit: http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22748&page=41

Previous update: ******UPDATE*****
Link to previous update on status of lift kit: http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?p=224561&highlight=interest#post224561

Previous update: *****UPDATE*****
Link to previous update on status of lift kit: http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22748&page=14

Previous update: *****UPDATE*****
Link to previous update on status of lift kit: http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?p=207166#post207166

See less See more
#70 ·
Sorry guys, I have been out of the thread for a few days. Was on a road trip from Northwestern Oklahoma, picked my cousin up in Wichita and then got a hotel in St Louis and picked up my 2004 Armada that was advertised for sale on here. The gold one with 33" tires.

I haven't caught up on the reading as I am about to pass out because I took an Ambien and I drove straight through from north of Cincinnati to Wichita and arrived this morning at 6 a.m. in Okeene, Oklahoma.... So my question is... will this work for the 2004's!!!??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Tell me YES!!! I want to keep my Titan and I want to lift it so bad. Its the reason why I got it. Well that and so I can put 4 12's in a big arse ported box ported at 31Hz

#71 ·
I got some good and bad news for you...I met with Greg dropped off my armada, took his 11' pro4x4 drove off , he called me 10 mins later and told me to come back. It turns out that the procomp kit is more complicate then he thought. Since he had never seen the rear of the procomp armada kit before he was assuming it had to be similar to the rancho. He didn't realized that it was complicated with multiple angles and bend. He said in order for him to copy it, it would take at least 5 days to manually measure and make a jig and if it fits then go and make it. The effort and time would not be feasible if he wants to price the kits at a reasonable rate. And he is swamp now and don't think he even do anything either way if he did have my kit. So the next step he said is to really try to get a hold of someone at procomp either to do a limited run or he will buy the CAD drawing from them. Or he will try to look for a wreck lifted armada. So at this point one it doesn't look like it will be happening any time soon. It will happen but not sure when.

Good news..he measure the rear end of the armada. And we might be doing rear coil over to replace the air suspension we had and not have to upgrade the springs and then a new pair of shocks. This will also eliminate the rear procomp shocks for the those of us with them also. But two pairs of shocks looks cooler. Lol. There was some other stuff which escape me at the moment. I was at his shop for 2 hours just talking and him showing me things he is doing and going to be doing.

Trying to send this from GNex using auto guide app.

#72 ·
Good and bad with that, but things are looking up. Atleast things are moving.

Someone has to tell me if this even entails me since I have a 2004. PLEASE tell me I will be able to lift my Armada I just bought last night, with the intent purpose to lift, with what Greg is doing..... I'lll lend my truck out to him or take measurements for him

#74 ·
They are not different. 10 minutes! Greg just saw the ProComp rear end of your Armada and thought it was much more complicated than the Rancho. Yes, it looks much more complicated at first glance. However, that is just because of the additional rear shock.
The ONLY significant (Rear) difference between Rancho and ProComp, is that long extended support arm on the ProComp bracket, and its additional rear shock.
That extended arm, and extra shock mounts, can be cut-off, or left off in design, and you then have a RANCHO. Richard, I was fully expecting Greg to measure yours, but create the simpler Rancho version. Pops, please help me out here!
This is not as hard as it seems. Let’s just make the Rancho version.
Now, I just sent Greg an email with all of my project research on this and all docs and pics and manuals. I am hoping we can still go this route. Anything else (shocks/springs/coils/spacers) will not be a 6 inch lift. Pops has assured me that unless you actually lift the suspension, you are always limited to 2 inches maximum.
Let’s just work the problem.
Thanks,
Todd

#75 ·
LOL..i kinda exaggerated the "10 mins". didnt mean to throw you guys off. to me it felt like 10 mins i should of said. i did drove off and hit the freeway for awhile. either way, he did jack my car up and took the tires out and started but i guess he realized it was more work then he initially thought. when i drove back they were still putting my car together. to him he felt the consensus is that people like the procomp better due to the 2nd pair of shocks and the extended arms on the brackets. like l stated he said he is super busy. even if i left my car there and took his titan he wont be able to anything with it for awhile. i will call him at the end of the week cuz i need to buy some stuff from him. i guess in the meantime you guys can help him think of alternatives? he did say he will be coming down to so cal in 2 weeks. so if he is able to i can call him and talk to him about using my car again.

#76 ·
I wonder if he gave us a number to call at ProComp then maybe we can help apply some additional pressure for a "LIMITED" run of even just the rear brackets.

When I last talked to him, SEMA Week, he had stated Rancho was acting like they were just completely disinterested in the whole thing. We were suspecting because Rancho moved their entire operation and most likely left key equipment in the old location that would be needed for our lift kits. Rancho was probably thinking it wasn't worth the effort of hunting down old plans and hauling equipment around...

This all said... BIG Props to Richard for taking time to make the drive and offering up his Mada for Greg to study. I would have my Mada down there in a heartbeat, but alas the distance is just too great and pretty sure Greg wouldn't want me to be taking his Titan all the way back up to Alaska. lol

#77 ·
A BIG BIG thank you to Bob, Pops, for helping me so much with communications with Greg, being in Alaska makes it interesting at times to deal with the time change and finding time to call and talk with Greg.
Bob has been huge part of this push to get new lift kits made and I just wanted to express my gratitude to him, especially since he really has no personal vested interest in a lift kit seeing as he already has one! :)

Thank You Bob!

#78 ·
I also want to thank all of those involved. You guys are awesome. This Armada 6” Rear-Lift project is very exciting. I really appreciate the opportunity to participate and contribute. And for those who are interested, here is the email response I received from Greg at PRG. He said that he is still trying to work with PC and Rancho to see if they will build 50 rear kits... and that either would work, but the PC kit is preferred.

#79 ·
Thank you Ian!!! :D I was on the phone with Greg yesterday and he said that with Richard stopping by he was able to get all the shock measurements he needed for various setups. So, before long he should have more shock options available for us.

#80 ·
that in and of itself is terrific news! I was sad to heart pro comps initial response and that Greg was unable to take measurement of Richards rear brackets, but additional shock options is TERRIFIC news. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#81 ·
I am thinking of purchasing another armada because I want to lift it. I manage the 4wheelparts store in Miami. I plan on calling ProComp on Monday and speaking to the head and see what he can do. I looked through our inventory at the different boxes that make up the kit. I can get every box but one which I am guessing is the rear as the front is shared with the Titan kit. There is alot going on with procomp with the launching of their new wheel line so keep your fingers crossed. Oh yeah, is it still 13 or 14 members who have some level of interest?
Thanks
Jason

#83 ·
Jason,

with your stated interest the count is at 14-15 at the moment... I'll re post an updated list once I can get use of my computer back.

#85 ·
Add me to the interested list if I haven't already. The only problem I have right now is the money. I was hospitalized for a month several months ago and I was to start my new job the following week from the day I was hput in the hospital so the company couldn't hold off any longer and hired someone else, especially since I needed another month to recover from my surgery, so I don't have a current source of income. I gotta figure something out. I have plenty of GM parts for sale from my 2008 GMC Sierra SLT crew cab for sale aswell as a ton of Car Audio and Video products to sell, alot of which is BNIB. I need to put it all up for sale ASAP. I need to figure out a way to get that $1700 or atleast see if I can put a significant down payment to hold my kit.

I still need to pay for my tax , title, and license since I just bought the Armada a week ago. I bought the Armada specifically to put atleast a 6" lift on it, so if I miss my chance in getting this, then my purchase will have been pointless.

Anyone need any car audio stuff? :-D PM me

#86 ·
Interest List

1. Kooshtaka
2. Opm1805
3. 9ballrook
4. cjcorrea
5. Taze
6. mtibby800
7. manski
8. leonard223
9. Todd
10.BadCompany
11.cma08
12.jerry7mac
13.wierdjunson
14.phillyboy
15.TexasEdition
16.supadupaj

@cma08: you know that you can put the PRG rear pucks in now and leave them in after you pick up a lift kit? :) Are you really wanted to be dropped from the list? If you are on the list it is not locking you into buying it, more just a way for me, pops, n Richard to let Greg know just how many people are interested.

#87 ·
Ok so I talked with Greg and unfortunately no substantial movement yet on getting a lift kit in production for us yet. Don't give up hope yet though! Myself and a couple other members on here are pulling together to work with Greg to make this happen. :)

#89 ·
Welcome to the Club chefs.

At the moment all 6 in lifts have been discontinued. We are attempting to get a limited run of them going through PRG Products. (this thread lines out what has occured). At the moment the only way you can put a 6 in lift on your rig is to buy a used one from someone. :/

#90 ·
Or, the only other way for now (I believe) is to buy a ProComp K6001B (or K6001BMX) for Titan, and install just the front-end lift. Then fabricate your own rear lift parts. As undesirable as that seems, I am leaning that way, as I grow impatient while waiting.

#91 ·
Todd, that is one way expensive way to go... You'll definitely have one uniquely lifted Armada, but it's gonna cost you a handful of pretty Pennies.

#93 ·
i wonder whatever happen to that armada and slam.

on another note: a lifted armada is pretty rare whether its 6" or 12". :D I believe Greg stated there were like 200 procomp kits were made for the armada. He said he knows for sure that there are 3 lift kits are in Europe. I havent seen anyone around san diego with a lift armada yet. :D and I have seen plenty of armada around here.

#99 ·
EuroTrip!!!

#94 · (Edited)
Woohoo only Armada owner in AK with a 6" Lift :D

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#95 ·
Working on being the second. Lol

#97 ·
Welcome to the Club. Be sure to participate in the Ride of the Month (ROTM) threads.

we are still in a holding pattern on the lift kit. I'll be checking in with Greg this week. I'll add you to the running list?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.