Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Average battery life

34K views 65 replies 42 participants last post by  CHuntMD 
#1 ·
I was wondering what the average battery life is for the Mada. I live in Cali and recently noticed that the takes an extra second to turn over. My Mada has been sitting for awhile now due to gas prices but is usually driven maybe 3 mile a week just to pick up the kids from school. It's the OEM battery and I've had it about 2.5 yrs now and close to 30K.

#2 ·
Short...... Very short.

I'm not suggesting to do this but mine died in the middle of the night at 1:00am while I was installing a replacement DVD screen and I had to be at work in the morning so I ran to Wal-Mart and picked up the battery for a Titan XE. The battery is smaller than what we need but I don't tow often and I added an Active Tuning Grounding Kit that alleviated some Electrical quarks. The battery died on me a couple weeks ago so I pulled it and took it to Wal-Mart and told them that my receipt had faded blank (because I was in too much of a hurry to look for it). Their batteries are dated and their 3-yr warranty runs off the battery shipped date if you don't have a receipt so it starts over with the new replacement battery. Since I've never had a regular battery last me longer than 2-years yet, I doubt I'll have to pay for another one anytime soon unless I decide to or they change their policies.

#5 ·
Mine died at 2 years 1 month and about 25K. It was starting to sound just a little bit weak for a few days before it died completely, right as we were leaving on vacation; we literally had the trailer hooked, everything packed, had locked up the house, got in, and ......nothing. Replaced it with a heavy duty from Kragen, only place in town that was open that had one on a Sunday morning. Recommend you replace it before you get stranded, and don't scrimp, buy the best you can find.

#6 ·
I replaced mine at 68k but I'm not sure it was original. It was OEM but may have been replaced sometime before I got the Armada 18 months ago. I bought a new one at Autozone and it's been doing great!

#7 ·
Zire said:
Mine died around 36-40k too...

Then I took it to the stealership and they dropped in a 7-year warrantied HD battery. We'll see how that goes...

Good luck!!

~ Zire
I got the same battery also. Not expensive either, around $90 installed.

#8 ·
Still Going! OEM

I have an 04" Off Road which I bought Brand New, and I have never had a problem with the Armada starting. I currently have some 47,600 miles on the OEM Battery. I to live in California, and perhaps the temperature ranges here in the Central Valley have something to do with it. Summer here is low to mid 90's on average and winters of course don't get real cold. Jink, now watch my battery fail soon!

#9 ·
norcaloffroad said:
I have an 04" Off Road which I bought Brand New, and I have never had a problem with the Armada starting. I currently have some 47,600 miles on the OEM Battery. I to live in California, and perhaps the temperature ranges here in the Central Valley have something to do with it. Summer here is low to mid 90's on average and winters of course don't get real cold. Jink, now watch my battery fail soon!
Hell try living in st louis for a year. -25 F windchill this past winter and 3 weeks ago it was 112 F in the shade.

#10 ·
No Thanks...I grew up in upstate NY (AKA "lake effect"), I know exactly what I am missing in N.Cal.

#12 ·
Thanks for the replies, I read another post where it was a faulty alternator or something. I'm still under warranty so I'm good either way. Knowing 2 yrs is the average lifespan of an OEM makes me feel better. Any thoughts on Costco batteries?

#15 ·
I am still on my first battery with 37k miles on the 04. No issues at all so far(fingers crossed)

#19 ·
Noob question but what are the simptoms of a bad battery?

#21 ·
Bought my Mada in July 04' and the battery runs fine.

Batteries need to be filled with extra juice (Distilled water) in the cells. It that doesnt work after a recharge, than it is dead.

#22 ·
I have an '05 and replaced my battery at about 40k. My power liftgate would not operate and found out (via this wonderful forum) that the culprit was my battery. I went with the Optima yellow top since my son's always watch the DVD and ym wife listens to Sirius with engine off.

#25 ·
I bought an Optima Yellow Top after my stock factory battery crapped out after 16k. Probably mostly due to my audio/video setup. The factory battery must have a really weak charge cycle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.