Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2012 Armada rear glass hatch leaking

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BEEBOB 
#1 ·
Anyone had trouble with rear glass leaking. can be seen running down glass while driving. seal looks good and is clean its new so should be. Left side hinge has play in, it right side does not. "play" meaning the round hole and round pin have some give in it. when open, you can move the glass up and down by enough in my mind for water to get in. Dealer says hinge needs room to move, but the right one is nice and tight.:crikey:

#3 ·
Have the second meeting with the service manager Monday. He says he has to see it leak before he proceed. My wife's pictures are not good enough. They want to pour water over it and see. It actually looks like the window is not formed correctly to the rear frame. The left side is higher. I'll post some pis tomorrow

#4 ·
I can tell U first hand that "pouring" water over it is nothing more than a gimic. It may or may not leak. No leak, no fix! But trust me, I kno first hand that leak U speak of. Mine leaks and rattles. I've resolved to fix mine myself. Out of warranty now and extended service agreement doesn't cover it. The hinges are cheap, by that I mean not expensive, more work to get to them than anything but it's gotta B done.

Don't let that dealer weasel out of it. I believe when its going down the road it contributes to the problem. I'd have them running water over it with a hose for an hour or longer if necessary. Run water over it till it leaks. If U haven't cleaned it, they should B able to see the water tracks too running down the inside of the window as well. Hope the best for U!

Sent from my SPH-D710 (Samsung Galaxy SII) using AutoGuide.Com Free

#5 ·
Yeah I agree pouring water and what the window goes through while driving is no comparison. But my wife noticed it after 1 full day of ran at work it stays in the garage at home. Trying to decide the best strategy is, well informed or totally clueless. But either way they are fixing it. Does your window look likes its formed to fit the frame well, mine does not. Fit and finish of the hatch is bad. Been busy with my K5 project to get pics.

#6 ·
The window fitment is good, to look at it I can't believe it leaks but it does. It actually leaked from the start. I should have stay'd on them about it but I was laxs about it. I thought I could get to it with the extended service agreement. Found out to late that it is not covered by the extended contract, oops!

Good thing your DW was driving in the rain, you may not have found out about it till it was to late. So now you know, hope the best for you!

#7 ·
Well I dropped it off today, they done the pour water over it test. Said they found the leak this time but not from hinge on the glass. Getting new lift gate seal, hinges (after I kept bringing up the loose one and compared it to the 2 other new armadas on the lot that were tight) and depending on what they find when they pull the plastic stuff from the inside off..
So maybe small victory. We'll see

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.