Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Stock wheels never looked so good!

8K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  B_serious 
#1 · (Edited)
Over the weekend i was able to utilize a few cans of plasti dip and hooked up my stock wheels on my 08 armada se. I am very pleased with the outcome, I think it changed the whole look of the armada. This was my first time using this product and i love it! Near future plans to plasti dip the running boards and rear step bumper. Check out the pics!!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
It's supposed to b very durable and not come off until u want it off, I used 3 cans on all 4 wheels 4 coats on each. So far so good!!!

#8 ·
#9 ·
I am running ceramic pads that put out minor amounts of dust and haven't noticed any on the wheels , but I do have a can n the garage and will post it on how long the wheels stay linking badass! Thanx for the compliments fellas!¡!!!

#10 · (Edited)
Mine never stained.. The only "problem" was I had to respray anytime after tire work was done, but for $6 to touch-up who can complain? A couple weekends ago I built a fishtank stand for my wife and Plastidipped the top of it because I was too cheap to paint it. :D Plastidip isn't permanent, it was never designed to be. But it is really easy to touch up on and smooths itself over nicely so any touchups or resprays are not obvious at all.

#11 ·
How much time did it take to do each wheel?

#13 ·
Is that all? I'm on this once it warms up a bit.

#14 ·
Yea, I remember because wife was still getting ready while we were supposed to be leaving to go somewhere so i figured I'd go ahead and get this started real quick while waiting on her. Little did I know that I'd be totally finished with it including pics to post before she was finished getting dressed.

#15 ·
Hey pops, quick question. R the wheels on ur armada plasti dipped? if so how long between coats will it last? of course i am not counting any tire repairs or changes, just the normal elements.

#16 ·
Looks good man, I've used plasti-dip to black out my "Nissan" burger emblems. It gives a clean look and surprisingly durable.

Keep us posted how they rims hold up under roadway conditions.

#19 ·
#18 ·
Not trying to thread jack, but after seeing the multiple plasti dip threads, I tried this too. I started late yesterday and since I had to mask the rotors to spray on the vehicle, it got dark before I could finish. When I went out to finish today, I noticed that it began to peel back at the edge of the spokes. I considered peeling it and starting over, but I just threw down a light coat at the edges and will layer it. BTW, if you havent done this before, get one of those spray can triggers. It makes the spray come out more evenly.

#21 ·
Before i sprayed my rims i gave them a good cleaning with wheel cleaner and then gave them a final wipe down with alcohol and a clean rag. Sounds like ur wheels had some grease or grime left on them. This is much easier to do with the wheels off the truck, that's the way i did mine and loved the results!!!!!

#22 ·
I think its from spraying with the wheels on too. It didnt go on as evenly as it would have off the vehicle. There were a lot of missed areas after I rolled the vehicle forward.
I didnt really want to pull the jack out of the trunk. Its such a PITA to use that and I dont have a real car jack.
The wheels turned out ok except the one that was peeling up. You can totally see where it was lifting and I sprayed over it. Luckily its on the side of the spoke, so its not totally noticeable. I may redo it someday, but overall the wheels look pretty good. I like the new look.

#25 ·
I am not sure if there is a harbor freight tools n your area but they do have a nice floor jack rated at 3 tons for only 69.99$ I picked one up after I got my armada and it's been doing good by me, for the price u can afford to invest in it and use the scissor jack only for emergency.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.