Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Cracked exhaust manifold

15K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  lava 
#1 ·
I finally handed my 04 beast to my local Nissan stealership. They played stupid but advised them of the notorious cracked manifold issues. They snapped out of it when I also gave them a case number from Nissan America i generated with those nice people down there. The service manager could not answer many technical questions I have learned through this website. He must have talked to the techs and was educated as well. Three recalls done and a replacement of cracked drivers side assembly performed to the tune of ZERO dollars. Thanks for all the help on here and it pays to be an educated consumer. Stealership tried to tell me several other issues need to be replaced. I called BS flag and declined.

04 beast LE Volant, Burtman touches etc. Only 44k miles on the living room w/ wheels. :D

#4 ·
Great to hear your story turned out good!

#5 ·
How can I find if mine are cracked?

V/R,

Andre

#6 ·
#8 ·
Check w/ Nissan America people (very nice to me) at 1-800-647-7261. I also thought I was SOL but she told me I was covered until 3/13.....much to my surprise... since my math said 3/12. I was more than happy to contact them since my manifold was singing. My local dealership confirmed same. I am sure the tech was throwing wrenches and screaming at his rollaway when 2 studs broke off and needed replacement as well. Perhaps I will take it into the local sand pits and see if I can get the other side to crack under heavy load and take it back there for replacement on Nissan's dime ;). I am currently laughing

#13 ·
My '07 SE (103k miles) starting giving signs of "ticking" after cold start. No "ticking" sounds after warmup though. Guess I'll try to pinpoint problem soon. Reading all the posts makes me more convinced il'l be reluctantly spending cash soon. DAMN!

Sent from My iPhone4S

#15 ·
cak215

Depending on the month you bought your Mada you might be able to get it fixed under the Federal emissions warranty, I believe 80K and 8 years.

I had mine done with only 50K or so on it. You would think Nissan would have come up with a fix by now but I guess they don't mind spending the money to fix it on all these vehicles. Oh well!!

#16 ·
The job was covered by the Federal Emissions you speak of. Walked away with an invoice with N/C all over it. However, after further inspection I found that the heat shield/manifold cover was not replaced as expected and a clip for the O2 sensor wires was not properly restored. I used to work on helicopters and I am very anal about these things. How could this thing leave the shop without a signoff or a second set of eyes or inspection? A 40 minute ride back there? I don't think so. I will do it myself and make it right. As expected. That's why I hate other people touching my beast !

#20 ·
I just bought a 2010 Armada with 87k miles on it. It last passed smog only two months ago. Would cracked manifolds have prevented it from passing a smog check? Just looking for reassurance that mine are still good. No ticking sound, service engine light, or exhaust smell though the vents yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.