Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

flowmaster #524553 on the armada?

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  02CETA24 
#1 ·
What up fellas! just wondering the reasons behind the dislike of the flowmaster muffler on our suv? My entire system is stock and i was thinking of replacing the muffler with the flowmaster mentioned, I dont want droan at hwy cruising speeds nor do i want it to be extremely loud, but noticable. this muffler will directly replace the stock muffler with dual 2 1/4" inlets and a single 3" out. I looked into magnaflow but their website didnt come up with anything for the armada, and whats the take on spintech? I never heard one on a vehicle are they really loud? droan or no droan? etc. Any input would be greatly appriciated!

#2 ·
The magnaflow a just perform a little better bc they are a straight through muffler. I personally like the sound of flow masters but went with the magnaflow on my titan and love it. I've got the part numbers for the magnaflow ill just have to find them. As far as the spin tech I'm not sure

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
That would be great, i am shopping right now and consider the advice valuable, thanx. and when u find that part # for the magnaflow post it up for me to look into.

#6 ·
PN 12588 is for the 22". On my titan I put part number 12278 which is the 18". It's a little louder than the 22". But I have no complaints with it and I am normally a flow master guy.

#7 ·
No I do not want droan, and thanx for the part# hey how is the droan at hwy speeds with the magnaflow muffler?

#8 ·
I don't think it's bad. If you are worried about drone I would go with the 22". The 18" I have has a little drone but its definitely bearable and sounds darn good

#9 ·
right on! info greatly appreciated! looking into that magnaflow 22" that shoul weld right into the stock muffler location right.

#10 ·
Ya on mine he had to cut one of the pipes about 18" before the muffler and rotate it bc the spacing between the inlets was less than that of the stock. But it wasn't any problem for the exhaust guy that did mine. And he only chraged me 125 installed. which i thought was pretty good cause the cheapest i had found just the muffler was like 110. And then I just out a JBA tip on it and called it good. And I like it so far.

#11 ·
What up! I finally heard a flowmaster on the 5.6 and was not impressed at all . It was on a Titan but that shouldnt make any difference. So tomorrow morning the Magnaflow 22" is being installed on the stock system and i am excited! as this is my first mod on my 08 armada, i'll get some pics on here sat. or sun.

#12 ·
I went from a Flowmaster 40 Series single in dual out on my 2008 GMC Sierra to a Spintech 6000 Pro Street which is the 2nd loudest street muffler they offer. I absolutely LOVED it. Spintech mufflers are d@mn near bullet proof. Never have to worry about your muffler ever getting a hole in it from a puncture or anything else.

I don't have any experience with an exhaust on my Armada, yet, but I'm about to order a Spintech Muffler very soon. I just don't know which muffler to get yet. I was thinking of getting their 3rd loudest, but I don't want to be regretting not going with the same Pro Street 6000 and missing that sound I had on my 5.3l Sierra. They do make an SUV muffler, but it's several down on the loudness totem pole.

I actually called Spintech yesterday. I didn't get much information about putting their mufflers on an Armada or having a single in dual out setup. He said he didn't know if it was possible, just that he doesn't offer a catback setup for the Armada. I'm sure the independent rear suspension and the spare tire would make it difficult.

I can always chime in after I make my selection, which will probably be the 6000 Pro Street and let you know. I can tell you this though, a Flowmaster isn't really a performance muffler. It's a bit restricted to where as the Spintech is more of a straight through design and will yield some actual performance gains and MPG gains, more than the Flowmaster.

#13 ·
Thanx for the 411, I ended up installing the magnaflow 22" on the armada this morning with a dual exhaust stainless tip and i am very pleased with the choice i made. It is a bit on the conservative side in sound , but i am thinking of removing the stock resonator in the future, i just want it to break in first.

#14 ·
here are a couple pics of the magnaflow 22 installed friday morning, the installer at the muffler shop did say it would get louder with time and miles, so me and the family took the armada on a trip to las vegas sat. morning to go and check ouy the gold and silver pawn shop you see on t.v. good trip and the armada performed flawlessly! average mpg 18.6 at 75mph via cc. and by the way the passing power i felt was better with the new exhaust.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.