Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

A/C does not work when headlights are on.

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  scr38 
#1 · (Edited)
Just like the title says. A/C works fine when headlights are off then once they are turned on, the A/C either turns off or stay stuck on that setting.:crikey: I am thinking either the blower motor resistor or ignition switch (based on what I have read on other forum). This all started a couple of weeks ago when my ECM relay blew. Whatcha think guys?

#2 ·
Does your AC blower work? I think if the blower doesn't work the AC stop. Also like u mention could be ignition switch. I guess to test that switch when it isn't working wiggle the ignition to see it if start?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#3 ·
Yeah everything (speed/temp/position/rear) works fine but once I hit the headlights it turns off.

#5 ·
You said the trouble started when the ECU relay was replaced. That required moving the IPDM around. Its possible that one of the cables attaching to the IPDM was loosened. Check to see that all cable pugs are secure. The IPDM is the logical place to look since it controls all the functions you are talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.