Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

system pics

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  9balllrook 
#1 ·
Post your audio pics. What are you guys running?

#2 ·
Well, my current setup is just temporary. I bought the Armada with the factory Bose system hooked up to a JL Audio CleanSweep. The dash speakers are Bose, but all 4 door speakers have been replaced with MA Audio Speakers, Old School Planet Audio 4 Channel Amplifier and my "Magic Box" which is two Infinity Kappa Perfect VQ10 10" subwoofers in a custom tailor made box for the VQ10's, ported and tuned to 34Hz @ 4.8 cu ft NET. This is a box I made for a friend for his SUV. It's a HUGE box for 2 10's, but these 10's require 1.25-2.50 cu ft of airspace PER SUB. So the box can actually hold 2 12's easily or even 15's. It can be cut out for it too. I am running one of my 2 Audiopipe AP18001D 1800wrms amplifiers to them and they are taking the power nicely.

I have tons of car audio equipment that I will be installing soon to replace what is in it. I need to make a box, which I just got the materials from Lowes last week, for 4 Sundown Audio SA-8 V.2 Stock SPL Version 8" subs that I have yet to hook up. I am actually selling them, but if I don't get them sold, then I will put all 4 in a ported box tuned to 31Hz at it's maximum recommended airspace, which will allow me to retain the 3rd row seating. From what I have heard and read on the message board, these 8's SLAM. I know they are the best 8's out on the market. If I run them, then 2 subs will each receive an Audiopipe 18001D so each sub will receive 900wrms.

I also have a set of
Focal Utopia 6.5" Components
Focal K2P 6.5" Components with Digital Design T1 silk dome tweeters
Focal Performance PS165 6.5" Components

Bridging the Planet Audio 4 Channel Amp on one set of comps
Audiopipe AQX-360.4 4 channel amp to be bridge on the other set of comps
Phoenix Gold Tantrum 500.2 2 channel amp going on another set of comps that I will be either purchasing or fiberglassing my own pair of Kick Panels since Q-Logic doesn't make kick panels for Armadas or Titans.

Selling my brand new Mechman High Output G Series 270a alternator that was meant for my 2008 GMC Sierra and buying a 270a Mechman alternator for the Armada

XS D3400 battery

2 runs of 1/0awg OFC Cadence Cool Wire for my power wire and two runs of the same for my ground

Removing the JL Audio Cleansweep

But first, I will be removing the factory Bose head unit and putting in my JVC KW-NT800HDT 7" Navigation TouchScreen

And that's my stereo. You don't even want to know how much all of this stereo equipment cost lol

Here is the temporary bass setup I am running. FYI. This dual 10" setup sounds like 2 12's. I have owned numerous 12" setups ranging anywhere from 2 RE Audio SE 12's, Alpine Type R 12's (New Style), TC Sounds TC1000 12's, etc...

#3 ·
Here's my amp rack, speakers all in stock locations, subs are under seat. I need all of the space in this monster!! Check my sig for parts list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.