Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

truck wont start. guages shake like when crazy when able to start.

9K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Scorpion 
#1 ·
i have an 08 nissan armada. im having troubles starting my truck. half the time i cant start my truck period! i hear just clicks. sometimes if i pump the gas pedals i can get the truck to start. when i do get it started the gauges bounce up and down rapidly for a good minute or two (while hearing clicking from under the dash.) when the clicking stops... the gauges fall to their normal positions. i had the truck jumped started and i drove it to the local chain auto store. they tried to test the battery, alternator, stater, etc... but said they couldnt tell anything because i couldnt get the truck started again. once again i had to be jumped started. the autozone guy said it sounded like my truck was misfiring when i was trying to start it. i charged the battery until it was full. but that may not mean anything. what do you guys think?

#2 ·
The battery is bad.
Pumping the accelerator on a FI engine does nothing.

#3 ·
Clicking is almost always a sign of a bad battery. I can't believe the autozone guy didn't recommend a new battery.

How do you know you "charged the battery until it was full"? There is probably a bad cell or 2 inside. Just because a battery shows 12 volts, it doesn't mean it's good, as there may not be enough current to allow for consistent/smooth starts.

Keep us posted.

#6 ·
the battery has 3 years warranty and the 08 armada if you dont have a good battery it will do that.

#7 ·
Often times the battery warranty is pro rated. Seeing how your Armada is only 1 year old, your out-of-pocket expense will be minimal. But if Scorpion is right.....free is even better! :D

#13 ·
Only if they can link the failure to the maintenance that you missed.

#11 ·
if you get your maintenance some where else and have the paper work they cant void your warranty. nissan dealer ask for $750 for 30000k maintenance its absurd you can do it for $300 at a non dealer shop.........ps the battery has nothing to do with the maintenance it has a 3 year warranty from the factory......

#12 ·
Agreed, if you do your own maintenance or have someone other than th dealer do it and document it, that is all that is required. The battery is a POS anyway, so it is definitely worth an upgrade and not a warranty battle.

That being said, If they are denying you a repair stating that your warranty is voided because you did not get the 30K maintenance, then I would pitch a fit. 36K warranty covers manufacturer defects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.