Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2013 Missing "Comfort & Convenience"

53K views 141 replies 35 participants last post by  Haf71 
#1 ·
Can anyone with a 2013 Armada confirm that they can access the "Comfort" settings? I read the manual and they made mention of certain settings that can be accessed through the "Comfort" menu, they also made mention of being able to view tire pressure on the display. I just got back from the dealer and they allegedly contacted Nissan who told them that they will be releasing a revised manual with those features removed. I just want to make sure that I am not getting the run around. Thanks.

#35 ·
Hey there everbody
Just purchased my 2013 Platinum and discovered that I too, do not any Comfort and Convenience settings. The dealer cant understand how that can be happening. They are going to check into it but it sounds like you guys are ahead of the game on this matter.
Honestly, any hope in resolving this, other than Nissan just deleting it from the user manual.
Can't believe that all that was missed in the programming.
Just traded off a 2011 Dodge Durango because of multiple problems that were beyond Dodge to fix.
I hoped that this vehicle would be better.

#37 ·
Furious about comfort and convenience setting disappearance

Placing call to Nissan consumer affairs about this issue. I thought my Nav system was malfunctioning as I could not find the comfort and convenience settings on my new armada platinum. Came here and found out that Nissan just omitted them purposefully. I am mad. Had all this in my 2005 Armada.

#38 ·
Placing call to Nissan consumer affairs about this issue. I thought my Nav system was malfunctioning as I could not find the comfort and convenience settings on my new armada platinum. Came here and found out that Nissan just omitted them purposefully. I am mad. Had all this in my 2005 Armada.
Good Luck... let us know what, if anything, you find out. All of my attempts have been unsuccessful.

#39 ·
I just bought a 2013 and thought this was a model thing as I bought an SV. Someone said it was software and therefore a complicated issue. I doubt the software is that different than the 2012 so it shouldnt be that hard for Nissan to use last years software and upgrade the system.

#40 ·
I've been going through this since 2/2013 when I purchased the a new 2013 Armada Platinum. My auto-headlights were not going on when they should so I was going to adjust the sensitivity. No "Comfort and Convenience" settings as the manual has documented. My dealer said they called Nissan and that the settings had been removed and that they were going to send out an updated manual. Ridiculous - then reimburse me for the value of these settings which are now vehicle deficiencies.

I called Nissan USA 1-800-647-7261, created a case, escalated to regional for a rep to meet me at the dealership with the dealership GM so they both could explain why DOCUMENTED features do not exist on their most expensive SUV. In addition, there is a real safety hazard concern when your headlights don't turn on when they should. Even the Pathfinders have them (I think Altimas too). My 2007 Armada had the settings. The dealership said there was no way to even manually adjust the sensitivity. I went through the same thing regarding the tech manual showing the different modes and they still said they could not be changed manually (tech manual was for 2012 not 2013). If someone has the manual for 2013 that shows you can adjust these things manually please post!!

The Nissan rep called back, finally said this was a manufacturing mistake and that a technical bulletin would go out in a couple of months. This was back in March 2013. Called Nissan USA again in April 2013 to get a status update and have them re-iterate the fact they were going to fix it which they did. Said that if a tech bulletin was not releaased in May to call back and have it escalated. Just called them today again. Another case has been opened for this problem and the regional rep is again suppose to call me back. This is absurd! I hope people are bombarding Nissan USA with complaints and explain why this is a safety hazard and obviously a manufacturing mistake - just fix it.

#43 ·
Hey guys, I am up in Canada and was wondering if anyone knew the proper people to talk to up here. Anxious to get this resolved as well, wondering if a TSB in the USA will be accessable up here.
You would think that by now, there would be enough pressure on them to have this resolved.
I know that there has been about 8 others sold around here and I am the only one that seems to have complained so far.
Dealer says they are working on it but I dont really put much faith in his words. Would like to talk to someone higher up and see what is really going on.

#44 ·
As a follow up, I just called my deal back who still has my Armada trying to figure out my GPS issue to talk about that and my comfort setting missing. He said that it was an option that we didn' thave. I called him out on it and said that, from what I have been reading here that it was something Nissan removed. He said if that was the case, he couldn't put it back on, that it was something that Nissan would have to put back. I said that he is Nissan and they needed to get it back on again. He said I could call 1-800-nissan-1 and talk with them about it. I then proceeded to tell him that I just bought the most expensive car on their lot 3 days ago and he wants me to call Nissan to discuss it with them? That's his job and he needs to get it resolved.

I am getting very irritated.

#45 · (Edited)
I've pretty much succumbed to the fact that Nissan doesn't care and won't release a TB to update the firmware for us. I was encouraged by Armada2013's comments that Nissan said it was a mistake and they would release a TB in the next few months, but I don't see it happening.

For those who have been told by your dealers that you cannot manually change the headlight sensitivity settings, that's not true. I had mine changed by my dealer at no charge. It took them just a few mins. From what I understand though, not all techs are trained on the diagnostic tool (forget the name) that allows them to make those changes. That may be why you're being told it's not possible. Find a bigger dealer in your area and they may have a trained tech.

UPDATE: I had never actually called NissanUSA Consumer Affairs about this since I didn't have much hope. However, since I took the day off from work today I figured "what the heck". I just got off the phone with someone named Michelle in Nissan Consumer Affairs (Phone: 1-800-647-7261). She put me on hold while she looked into this and told me that this is a known issue and that they have already escalated to their engineering department, who is working on it. She said when they have an update I will be notified via email prior to a TB coming out so that I know what to do next. I guess this matches what Armada2013 was told, just seems like they're taking their time. Maybe there is hope that this will be fixed....

#46 ·
The dealer fixed my GPS, but told me that there was nothing they could do for the Comfort & Convenience setting and that I needed to call Nissan myself. Nice... So I will call them tomorrow and post whatever they tell me.

#47 ·
Update

The NISSAN Regional representative called back today and said that she had contacted several people to try to get a time frame on a resolution. I asked her specifically if Engineering was even working on it now and she said absolutely yes and that she just did not know when it would be resolved. I guess I'll call back in another few weeks. Squeaky wheel gets the grease - make some noise......

For the Armada owner in Canada you may want to start with www.nissan.ca - good luck!

NISSAN CANADA INC.
If you have any questions or concerns about your current Nissan, please contact:

Nissan Canada Inc.
2 Hunter Valley Road
Orillia, Ontario
L3V 6H2

Customer Service:
Telephone: 1-800-387-0122
Nissan LEAF: 1-877-NOGASEV (1-877-664-2738)
Fax: 1-705-330-3052

#48 ·
I called in to the Nissan "Customer Care" call center. They said that they are aware of the problem and they are working on a resolution. I asked how I could be notified when there was a resolution and was told that I should contact my dealer. I told them that my dealer told me to call customer care and that now we were in a big circle. I asked to be on a call list or email distribution for customers when the issue is resolved. She said she didn't know how they would notify the customers of a fix and the only way to get an update would be from the dealer. I said fine and that I would be calling in to customer care daily from now on wasting my time as well as theirs since they didn't know how to program a ticket tracking system to send out notifications.

I just bought a brand new 2013 Armada with a sticker price of $58k and I can't get the dealer or Nissan to notify me of a fix for options that should be available as per the owners manual. Isn't that bait and switch? Is that legal? I have personally owned 3 Z cars (2 280's and currently own an 87 Z31 Turbo), two quests, a Titan and now I am treated like this on a brand new Armada? Unbelievable.

#50 ·
A class action lawyer--now that's an idea! Anyone out there know a good one? In the meantime, I am going to call Nissan customer service again and mention that there has been some discussion about it. Maybe just the hint will get them moving. The longer I go without these features, the madder I get.

#52 ·
I think the reason they are taking so long is they are trying to figure out what to do with the steering wheel entry. Page 4-14 has shows the option to lift the steering wheel on exit and return it to your last position when you start it. Since they removed the power steering wheel, they can not simply return the code from the 2012 since that particular piece of physical hardware is different. They probably view it as an all or nothing issue. They either need to replace the steering column and controls with a motorized unit and restore the software, or do nothing and deal with the outcome of that. Personally I would be happy with everything else back excluding the steering wheel movement.

On a side note, I called back in today for my promised daily call to 1-800-Nissan1 on this issue. This time they are getting a regional rep to call me tomorrow. I will let everyone know what they have to tell me.

#54 ·
I think the reason they are taking so long is they are trying to figure out what to do with the steering wheel entry. Page 4-14 has shows the option to lift the steering wheel on exit and return it to your last position when you start it. Since they removed the power steering wheel, they can not simply return the code from the 2012 since that particular piece of physical hardware is different.
Not to derail this thread, but does the 2012 Platinum have a power tilting steering wheel, instead of the manual tilt?

Keith

#53 ·
My regional rep named Kelly called me back today. She said that she personally called the technical department and confirmed that they are working on the problem. I told her that I knew that they have been working on this problem since at least February if not longer and someone needs to turn the heat up on them. She said she would be happy to follow up with me in a few months time to communicate back to me if there was a fix available yet. I then told her that this is simply bait and switch. What I paid for is not here. The owners manual says it is here...I paid for it and it is not available.

She was getting more irritated with me at this point. I said if she is not capable of getting me an ETA or turning up the heat on the engineers that are working on the problem then I need to go above her to get this brought to the front of the line. I asked her if it would then be Ok if I decided not to pay a couple months payments to Nissan? They didn't give me what I paid for, so I am not paying them? I then said it seems to me that this smells like a class action lawsuit sort of an item, isn't it? She said that it was my right as a consumer to do so.

She said that someone above her would be calling me back in the next 4-8 business hours. I will update the thread with that conversation as well.

#56 ·
Looks like you are having some impact "BobThe"! If they leave out the power steering "convenience" setting, fine but everything else should be there. This is their luxury vehicle at a luxury price. The headlight sensitivity really is a safety hazard. I hope they fix it before someone has a wreck..... I drove a 2007 Armada for 6 years never having to worry about whether my headlights are on in the morning fog, rain, etc. 2007 always came on - 2013 doesn't come on until it's pretty dark (e.g., about when I pull into the garage!). I will be calling my dealer again to see if they have anyone who can figure out mode settings on the 2013. I am not hopeful.

#58 ·
I haven't posted any updates because I hit a road block a while back. After I sent a letter to Nissan as instructed by my rep I received a voice mail from Mary Ellen asking for me to call her back. But my attempts went right into voice mail and I haven't had any return calls. I am happy to see that others are having better progress than I am. I will continue to bombard Mary Ellen's voice mail with messages even if they fall on deaf ears and if something comes up I will update this thread again.

#59 ·
The problem with Nissan and Toyota is that they are making far too much profit with their vehicles to care what the minority of unsatisfied customers think. It's a transformation phase every large manufacturer goes through or has to go through eventually. Kia will go through it as well. The only hope we have is that they will wake up sooner than later and take notice that customer satifaction is of the utmost importance and the key to contined success.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#60 ·
Today I received a call from a man named Brett at Nissan Consumer Affairs who is supposed to be higher up the chain than the woman I spoke with previously named Kelly.

This call was more of the same. We are very sorry sir...we understand your frustration...Nissan is aware of the problem and are working on a resolution. I said all of the things I had said previously and got more apologies. I told them it was like buying and paying for a house with most of the drywall complete and the builder telling me that they will get back to it at some point. I said this was fraudulent and they took my money for something they didn't deliver. I mentioned that since they were no longer listening and there was nobody further up the tree that could get something done, then maybe I needed to find someone for a class action law suite and heard the same apologies.

He said that I could send a letter to:
Nissan North America
Consumer Affairs P3C
PO Box 685003
Franklin, TN 37068

or

email:
nnaconsumeraffairs@nissan-usa.com

I will be sending in a letter and an email. I will also keep calling 1-800-nissan1 number daily and the two regional folks weekly for updates. I suppose I will also start looking for an attorney to talk this over with to see what their opinion on it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.