Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

power stearing hose

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  nv269 
#1 ·
Has any of you replaced this hose?? if so, how much do you think it will cost, i am thinking of doing it myself, or should i have the dealer do it, when the dealer sells it, is it just one hose? any help is greatly appreciated. thank you.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
it is leaking? did you identify whether the leak is from the hose or just the crappy oem clamp? here is what was posted on titantalk.com. and from the sound of it, it will cost you around 300-600 at the dealer.

First take the battery out of the truck this will let u get to the bolt that connects the hose to the pump. Disconnect the sensor then take the bolt out (there is going to be two washers on each side replace them when you reinstall the new hose). Let the old hose drop to the ground install the new hose with the new washer at this time (cover the other end (Steering gear assembly) with something so it won’t get dirty when it touches the ground) and connect the sensor. Go under the truck (remove the skid plate if you have one) and follow the old hose you will see it is held by a clamp with two screws. Take the screws out then open the clamp to get the old hose out after that you will see where the hose goes into to the Steering gear assembly remove it. Install the new hose that should be hanging from the pump before you attach the hose into the Steering gear assembly put some oil on to the O ring. Install the battery and add some fluid then remove the air from the system add more fluid if necessary.

The pump has to be running for the line to have pressure so no there is no pressure TitanBlue. it is not that hard to do if you have a simple set of tools. i did it in the parking lot of my appartment at night and i didnt know nothing about my titan then 2 years ago. Thanks to nissan now i know a lot more that a regular owner of a vehicle should know. i drive an 04 titan

here is the link: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-problems-dealer-service/84839-power-steering-hose-2.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.