Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Compiling a list of exhaust systems available for the Armada

23K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Kooshtaka 
#1 ·
I just picked up my 10 Armada last week and looking to swap out for an aftermarket exhaust :)

Been searching the forums a lot and came up with these along with my take on them (based on the general consensus):

Gibson Swept Side SS (cat back exhaust system)
- Drone but not too loud

Magnaflow Street SS (cat back exhaust system)
- No drone

Borla Turbo XL exhaust
- Has a drone but is eliminated with a aftermarket tip (Zoomers / Vibrant)

Banks Monster Exhaust

- Has a drone but is eliminated with a Zoomers tip
- http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550&page=1&pp=10

Stillen
- ??

Flo Master
- ??

Volant SS cat back
- ??

Walkers exhaust
- ??

Anyone care to help me out?

See less See more
#3 ·
I have the Borla Dual stainless steel exhaust on mine (Not the turbo XL).

The drone is not bad. No tips.

However, I will say that as it snakes it's way around the spare tire, it hangs down extremely low at that point. So much so, that I would be afraid to go off-road with it.

#4 ·
I had the volant and I had zero drone

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#8 ·
I would really love to go down this route in the near future. Does this complete fix pass California Emissions?

#9 ·
#13 ·
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find information on the performance of the different exhausts available so I can make a decision on which way to go.

Is there a noticeable power difference in going with a "true dual" exhaust over the aftermarket single exhausts?

My gut says dual...but I'm not excited about how low it hangs.

Any info would be appreciated

#14 ·
Reviving the tread for my own educational. I am shopping exhaust systems. I would like the most aggressive deep sound. I am not worried about cabin noise. Don't know what drown is or how to tell a system has it. From internet YouTube I think I like the magnaflow and flow masters but not sure about the configuration set ups. I know I want true duals. Both have so many size mufflers it is hard to know what is best. I only have a CAI and not planning for a manifold or headders. Not concerned about performance just don't want to big of a exhaust that I lose power. Any suggestions?

#15 ·
Get Gibson metal mulisha exhaust for the titan and make it work for Armada. ;-)

#16 ·
Koosh,

Mahalo for the heads up on that Gibson MM exhaust. Did some youtube searches and wow. Now time to see about getting it modded for our trucks. Attached is the Titan and Armada OEM exhaust systems. Also is a pic of the Gibson MM side by side with a Titan OEM exhaust. I will be going to my exhaust shop when I get some time to see if I grab the Gibson Y-pipe, muffler and Tip if they could do the a custom instillation. Gibson told me that the Titan's exhaust will not fit the Armada because it is too long. The question I have is that if they use the same diamiter pipe and of course stainless will it sound the same?

I was fond of the dual pipes coming out the back but the Gibson MM has a sound above the rest. I will see if they have the tip in chrome with a black skull instead of a black tip with chrome skull.

Attachments

#17 ·
No worries!
It seems to me that it's a simple job of using (or cutting) shorter pipes.... but then again I'm not a muffler person so.... Lol.

#19 ·
Borla xr1 has been the favorite amongst titan owners and this armada owner. Contact Jon Tsai at legit accessories, he has a gibson MM that he wants to get rid off. Maybe you can swap your stock one for his. He can be reach on the nissan experiment in Facebook.

#21 ·
Thanks All,

Todd your back is looking good (no ****). Cant wait to see your front lifted too.

Dragn, We are not comfortable with using used parts. One of the reasons we went with the 12 inch lift instead of six. I will be getting the Gibson new if the shop agrees to take on my custom project. Thanks for the heads up and looking out for your fellow CA brothers.

PS check out the Hawaiian Trucks thread.

#23 ·
Nightowl the borla does sound good. I am making the trip to the muffler shop this weekend. I havery committed to the gibson but when I want more I will go for the headders you mentioned. Thanks for the information.

#24 ·
Exhaust Systems Hawaii has excepted the challenge to customize the Gibson metal mulisha. Made for the Titan but they will fit it for the Armada. Pulled the trigger on it so it's a waiting game till it makes it to Hawaii. Thank you club members who helped make this decision easy for us.

#25 ·
You're gonna have one smooth ride pesk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.