Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Replacement for OEM scissor jack?

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jiriki 
#1 ·
So I broke mine last time I used it.

I found bottle jacks from harborfreight to be way too short. Is there a good replacement for the OEM scissor jack that would fit in the same compartment?

Thanks!

#2 ·
There is always OEM options on eBay...here is an example:

JACK

Its 50 bucks...probably can get it cheaper...

Anyways I was surprised you broke the jack, Ive never once broke a jack...damn sorry to hear that.

What happened to it?

BTW welcome to the forum

#4 ·
There is a thread in the for sale section where someone is selling an OEM jack( I think) for 25. U might look at that

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#5 ·
This is what I use, but hope I never have to!

#6 ·
9ball -

Which model is that one? Have you tried it out see if it will clear the tire off the ground?

That was the issue with the one I bought from HarborFreight, at max lift, I could not get the rear tire off the ground. I had to put about 3 or 4 stacks of 2x4's to add the extra height needed.

I broke mine when the vehicle lurched backwards a couple of inches and bent the jack. I forgot to move my wheel blocks and I was SUPER tired... I was so pissed off already trying to remove the old brake line when I installed SS lines.

#8 ·
It's the 6000 LB model, and will lift it off the ground, even with my 33" tires.

#9 ·
6000 LB model? the box says 24,000 and has a max height of 18-5/8". Just double checking. I think the bottle jack I have right gets up to 18-1/8". That's not even close to enough to lift the back wheel at the jack point. Maybe you're using a different jack point than I am?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.