Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Slow rear windows?

12K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  zone3 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have an issue with the rear windows rolling up much slower than the fronts? Literally, I can start the backs up (from full down), and then when the backs hit 1/2 way, start both fronts, and the fronts will still be done first (maybe a slight exaggeration, but darn close to the truth).

Is this the norm? I've had my Armada about 5 months now and do love it, but it does have some quirky things all over...

Thanks!

#2 ·
Mine have been slower than the fronts since new.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#8 ·
I think it is a safety concern with children that rear windows don't have this feature. I'm pretty sure it is with all vehicles.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#12 ·
This still drives me crazy. One of the few things the dealer says is "normal" or within spec/tolerance. Grrr. Love the truck, but hate some of the oddities with it.

#15 ·
I'm going to bring it back to the dealer again. My right rear barely moves if you are using any other window at the same time. Seems like it's not getting enough power. Are the new Armadas the same? I had a Tahoe and a GMC Envoy, and the windows flew up and down.

#16 ·
That's kind of what I was wondering is if its an electrical issue. I was thinking maybe weak relays or something not giving good power to the electric motors. Any thoughts from anyone else?

#18 ·
I just purchased a certified 2010 QX56 from the dealer and the first thing I noticed was that both rear windows are MUCH slower coming up. On top of that, the driver side rear window was even slower than the other rear window. There is so much difference, that I immediately assume there is a mechanical issue or problem and that it is close to failure. Thus I did not play with it any more, to avoid inflicting more damage.

Service Rep at dealership gave the typical non-committal statement out maybe the window seal is "gummed up" and just needs to be cleaned up.

Will follow-up with results once I get it back.

#19 ·
The dealer looked at mine again. They said they cleaned out the tracks and lubed everything. They are a little better, but still subpar in my opinion. Still nowhere near the front.

#20 ·
Picked up vehicle from dealer yesterday evening and Service Rep said they "cleaned/lubed" the tracks, but also ordered a new "regulator" for the window.
Once they get the part in, they will call me to replace it.

So more to follow in the days to come.

#23 ·
I had something replaced in my lf rr window some years back under warranty. Window was slower than rt rr window coming up. It fixed the problem but now it is back to being slow coming up again. I'll have them look at it once more. The back windows however are slower than the front windows. The window switch in the rt rr door stopped working on the down function. Works fine from drivers door though both up and down so I'll have them kill two birds with one stone when I take it to the shop. Gotta love that extended service contract.

#24 ·
The problem as I see it is the windows do not move up parallel in the tracks, here is what I mean, put the window down then watch how the window kicks forward the instant you hit the switch to move the window up, then put the window back down and manually hold the window parallel in the tracks by pulling the top edge toward the rear of the vehicle and you will see how much quicker it rolls up do this a couple of times then put the window up with out any assistance aligning it in the tracks and you can here the motor struggling. I'm not sure what the fix is as I have never had the door panel off to see why the window has so much float or misalignment when it moves up. my guess the junior engineer that designed the system really screwed the pooch on this one, however I'm sure there is a way to hold the window in place with a little ingenuity.

#27 ·
Update form early Jan13:

Dealer received new part (assuming motivator) for driverside rear window and they replaced it (under warranty still).

Engine running, so no "weak battery" issues...
It does rise up a little faster now, but the front windows beat it easily in a race.
Tried just running it by itself to see if it would be faster, but upward speed did not change.

I guess it is what it is...

#28 ·
Same issue here...took it to the dealer and they cleaned and lubed the track but that is only a temp fix. I also noticed a lot of play in the windows and could tell all the way the weight was on one side of the track. Its even worse in the winter when its cold if you have to role them down it take forever for them to come up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.