Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Pulled apart and resealed driver side headlight on 05 QX

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tuscanqx 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought a used QX a few weeks ago and the LH headlight housing had a lot of condensation in it. Non-Infiniti dealership put in writing they would fix it, but they are an hour away and I who knows if they would be able to fix it anyway.

Decided to use my heat gun and some Stanley head screw drivers and a pry bar. Took some work but they finally came apart. Pulled the old seal out and replaced with some stuff I bought for one of my old cars to reseal a headlight but never got around to it.

Used compressed air to dry it out as best I could and then a microfiber towel to get what was left.

I should have heated up the new seal before pressing the housing back together to make it easier but I was able to work my way around the perimeter with some long nose vice grips to give it a good squeeze.

I just did this last night and re-installed this morning so I haven't tested yet but it looks a lot nicer than it did before :)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
good job doing it yourself and congrats on the purchase.

Believe

Thanks guys. Saw a bit of fogging in front of the high beam when I got home from work. Pulled out the bulb and stuck a small detailing vacuum hose attachment in there to clear it up. Put the bulb back in and it rained pretty hard last night and so far it's still clear. Maybe it needed a little more time to seal tightly.

#3 ·
good job doing it yourself and congrats on the purchase.

Believe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.