Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Nissan Factory Approved iPod integration -- need installation instructions.

9K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  marctronixx 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings.

First of all, let me say that I own a 2010 Nissan Armada Platinum Edition. This means that the Armada has a hard drive, navigation, and satellite radio.

Now, I did purchase the iPod integration kit from Courtesy Nissan for $230. (http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan...ite-radio-p-568845.html?cPath=1063_5792_5793&). The product SKU is 999U7-IPDSAT. The product title is "Nissan iPod Interface Kit
2004 to 2011 Nissans with Satellite Radio" but the product description hasn't been updated, it seems.

No installation instructions came with the iPod adapter parts. No installation pictures really came with the physical parts ... There was a "critical installation sheet" that dealt with the proper manner to route the cables, but nothing detailing where to plug the cable adapters in.

The installation parts refer me to a website known as ASIST.NET which makes no sense at all. Maybe a domain changed happened .... whatever. The closest thing to "Nissan Asist" is "http://www.asistfaq.com/home.asp" ... but I have no access to that site.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I have submitted some pictures. I removed the glove box, and have popped out the center console without a problem. The problem is where to land the cables because it doesn't seem that the male-female parts from the iPod adapter kit fit any place behind the stereo receiver! So ... there must be a hidden place for them to go.

PART NUMBER
999U7-VS000
999U7-ST000
999U7-VS001

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I know that the Courtsey Nissan website doesn't mention navigation along with satellite radio for the iPod integration package, but on the "Special Order" instructions, I wrote a message telling them what model that I had (Platinum Edition with Navigation and Satellite) and that ** to only process the order if the kit was appropriate for my vehicle. **

Either: (1) They didn't read or ignored the special order instructions, or (2) They read them and agreed that the 2010 Platinum is compatible. And I'm hoping that #2 happened ... because if #1 happened, then what's the point of having a place to fill out special instructions?

#3 ·
Sorry. I wish I had a more definitive answer, but conventional wisdom has it that the iPod adapters do NOT work with the 08+ with Nav. Having said that, I'm really hoping you find out different. Good luck and please do let us know.

#4 ·
Did you see the note on the CourtesyParts.com website (link you posted) that stated that no instructions were included, but they can be downloaded off the page there?

They're not for your model year but they may help you figure out where things should probably go.

#5 ·
Interested in the responses to this one. I just purchased an Ipod Nano and would like to use it in my 08 QX56. Any recc. on a reasonable cost option that will not look like an Ipod laying on the console with a wire running into the Aux jack?

I think I've seen mentioned here on the forum that you can buy an integration kit that allows control of the Ipod from the Nav screen, but not sure of year models (as mentioned). Other option is to figure out how to convert ITunes to mp3, put it on an SD card, and use my SD to Compact Flash adapter to play them. Are the Compact Flash songs controllable from the Nav screen? If yes, that sounds like it would be a better option. Then just use the Nano somewhere else. But so far I haven't had any luck converting ITunes to MP3.

#7 ·
If i read the web site for the ipod interface it is not for the 2010 Armada it is only up to the 2006 Armada but it is for the 2010 Titan, that may be your problem.

#10 ·
Most of my songs are on ITunes. As I understand it, I have to convert them to MP3 format then save them to CF (or in my case, save them to SD card and use my SD to CF adapter). Sounds like I'd be happy using the CF slot. But I'm not good at this stuff, and am having real trouble trying to figure out how to go from ITunes to MP3. Have tried a couple different programs a month or two back, and neither worked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.