Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Interior Lights & Puddle Lamps ON

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  THEBAMBINO 
#1 ·
This is for a 2005 Armada.

I've been having a problem for a few months but I need to fix it. :( My interior lights & puddle lights remain on for the max time of 30 minutes when my doors are opened.

One place that I had read said to use a scan tool with a wiring diagram ( which I do not have) to aide in finding it.

I can take it someplace to have it scanned if this is the right path to take.

If anyone can chime in and give and advice it would be GREATLY appreciated.

#2 ·
I had this problem with my 2006 Armada a few years ago. The truck was still under factory warranty, so I took it in there to have it fixed. They traced it to a short in the wires going to the mirror assembly. Not all that specific, but might help you narrow it down.

Keith

#3 ·
Did it happen out of nowhere or did you do something to the Mada around that time that might have triggered it?

#4 ·
Just started happening all by itself. We began noticing that the interior lights would stay on after parking the truck in the garage. Initially we blamed the kids, since in the past, they had left interior lights on. Then we noticed the puddle lights were also on. Since we were still under warranty, we just took it in, they kept it for a day, and diagnosed the short. Haven't had a problem since.

When I get home tonight I'll try to remember to look at the repair invoice and see if there is anything else on it that does a better job of describing what was fixed.

Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.