Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

can't open rear door/window

9K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jcorvair 
#1 ·
When I use the key fob, I can her the locking mechanism in the rear door click, but when I pull the handle on the outside, neither the door nor the window will open. I also tried using the emergency handle on the inside of the door but it doesn't work either. I assume that the linkage is broken but I don't know how to get at it to check. Can someone help?

#3 · (Edited)
Can you open it manually? or from the driver's control? If you can open it manually, check your fuse. Make sure your switch is not in cancel mode too.

#4 ·
FP, thanks. It's not a power door - just manual. I could not open it at all. Finally figured out how to get the window off, and took the inside panel off (10mm wrench required for both window and door handle). I found that the linkage for the window had become disconnected and caused the door to stop working somehow. Anyway, it is working ok now. Thanks again.

#8 ·
I have a similar problem. When the temp is below about 5°C the rear door latch won't pop but window will. I open the rear window then close it again and door opens fine - go figure. I assume the mechanism could need some cleaning and adjustment.

Cheers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.