Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Armada's with 20 and 22 inch wheels?

41K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  willyman01 
#1 ·
Can you guys post pics of either with 20's and 22's? I have seen a few 22's here, but I just want to get an idea how would both look.

Cheers

#4 ·

Here ya go, my 20s that aren't to small with Yokahama Parada SpecX

#5 ·
I am also thinking about some 22s for my ride, but can someone tell me if the ride is much rougher than with stock wheels/tires?

I realize that it depends on what type of tires you put on, but can you have a really smooth ride with good traction in questionable weather conditions on 22s?

#26 ·
GOT THE SAME ( IN MY AVATAR) . RICH EVANS 22'' WITH 305/45 KUMHO TIRES. BUT IM TELLING U EVERY 2'' IS A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE. SMALLER RIMS AND BIGGER TIRES FEELS BETTER - WAY SMOOTHER. IM THINKING HOW DO THOSE BLACK KIDS FEEL DRIVING H2 WITH 30'' RIMS ON EM ? OR 28'' 10.000 USD RIMS ON 2500USD CHEVY CAPRICE ?

#9 ·
go with the 22's I was in the same situation a few months ago, glad I wet w/ the 22' ride is a bit stiffer than stock 18. I put my 18's on for the winter and can notice a difference. Check out my pics let me know what you think , but i think 22 all the way. good luck. now the fun begins finding the rim you like best.

#10 ·
Do your thing dude. Your truck, your way.

#11 ·
with 20s you can still go with an all-terrain type tire and go for a little more off-roader look. with 22s its a street look. i ran 22s for a while, now i run 18s with a 325/60-18. the ride wastn bad at all with the 22s, i just didnt like the looks a lot, and i use my armada pretty hard in the winters, so i wanted a beefier tire. heres a pic of mine with 22s.

#12 ·
I am also faced with the same dilemma. I prefer a little more of an off road look. I dont want to lift anything so what is the largest tire I can go with on 20's and which all terrain looks the best and is still quiet on the road?

#13 ·
I was thinking of leveling my aramada and have 20's with tire size 275/60. The tire size will be 33" tall and has the most sidewall height, which helps maintain the "offroad" look with 20's. My choice of tires would be Cooper Zeon LTZ, but I like the 22's that people are showing. I am just getting ideas from everyome from the board.

#19 ·
I opted to go with 22's on my 07. When the 08 came out and had 20's, I wanted to go a little more aggresive with the look. I've been very happy with the ride. It is a little stiffer than stock, but it is a totally smooth ride. I just slow down a little more for those rail road crossings!

Attachments

#20 ·
I have 305/50 R20 and I can absolutely tell you my ride suffers over the facory 18s. I am pretty sure much of that blame lies on the Goodyear Eagle GT IIs but I am not sure. This summer I plan to upgrade to Toyo Proxes STII or Yokohama Paradas. I can't imagine using 22's in New England - again - perhaps a better tire would help me there. I absolutely LOVE MAJBlue07's setup. Fantastic!!

#23 ·
Thanks for the compliments. My wheels are Ace Alloy T-1 in hyper silver with a polished lip. As far as suspension, everything is stock '07 LE. My goal was to keep the truck tough, but nice looking. The wheels even somewhat resemble the stock pattern. In fact, a buddy of mine didn't even notice that I put them on there right away. I actually took that as a compliment!

Everyone has their own style and some want their wheels to make more of a statement. Mine is a little more understated and simple.

Thanks again guys! Here is a bigger pic of the bare wheel...

Attachments

#24 ·
By the way, I found out that if you rub the polished lip on this type of wheel, you have to have it sent out to have it repaired. On painted wheels like many of the stock ones, the repair can be done by a mobile wheel repair service with amazing results in about an hour. I had this done on our 350Z stock wheels.

I barely scuffed a curb on one of my Ace T-1 wheels and had to have it sent out for repair. The total cost was about $110 with a next day turnaround.

#29 ·
All I have to say is WOW! You guys have really personalized your rides with those wheels choices. That's what it's all about, making your truck really yours with the mods you do. Keep it up, I'm loving it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.