Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

qx56 gauge cluster

12K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  baseballfanz 
#1 ·
Is it just me but it seems like the QX56 gauge cluster look better and alot less confusing. 2 temps (water and trans) are different. And the whole RPM and MPH display is bigger. Take a look and see what i'm talking about.

Here comes the fun part. I've been comparing and both look the same in over all size and shape. Just need to find out the connections in the back if they are the same.

Eric

See less See more
#2 ·
I remember reading a while back on one of the titan sites that this was done. I don't remember though how much was involved.

#5 ·
ezemaxima said:
I heard it might be a simple swap like your yukon to escalade guages but the digital odometer will be off unless there is a way to adjust it to match your current mileage.
There is no way we or even the dealer can change the odometer reading. It has to be set at the factory. If a owner has a problem and the instrument cluster has to be replaced, then the dealer sends the mileage to the factory and they program the new unit there, then ship it to the dealer.

#7 ·
scr38 said:
There is no way we or even the dealer can change the odometer reading. It has to be set at the factory. If a owner has a problem and the instrument cluster has to be replaced, then the dealer sends the mileage to the factory and they program the new unit there, then ship it to the dealer.
Wonder why they chose to store the odo info in the gauge cluster, rather than in the car's "brain"?

#9 ·
Well, I am waking this thread back up as I am looking at doing this swap. Has anyone confirmed that the mileage is stored on the cluster? The reason I ask is, when I had my QX56 the redline quite lighting up and the dealer had it replaced in one day, and that was just getting the part from the the warehouse or another dealer.

#10 · (Edited)
llajumpvid said:
I remember reading a while back on one of the titan sites that this was done. I don't remember though how much was involved.
From what I remember on the Titan site, it's all plug and play. Yes the Odo. will need to be set from factory. I came across a place on line that say they can set any odo. but I'll have to search for it.

PN 24810-7S60C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.