Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Automatic Lift Gate

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  aja72 
#1 ·
I have a power lift gate on my (new to me) 2008 Armada SE. On the intelligent remote, there is a button to open the lit gate, but the button does not work. THe Nissan dealer who I bought it from says it will not open the gate.

By the way...this is my first post on the armada forums. Just got mine last week. 2008 Armada SE.

#4 ·
have you checked the lockin the back? can you open the glass part of it? press unlock 2 or 3 times on the keyfob and then pop the glass part (the right side lever) once you open the glass part of the rear door, look on the left side, there should be a button that shows it being locked or unlocked. make sure the button is unlocked.

if this doesn't work...you may either have a faulty keyfob...or you need to change the batteries.

if you have under 35K miles, i would take it into the dealership and have them take a look at it.

hope this helps.

#6 ·
OK.
I know I have power lift gate. There is a button to the left of the steering wheel. There is also a CLOSE/CANCEL button on the left side of the inside rear door.

I have found out that if I push the CLOSE button....the gate closes automatically.

When I depress the CANCEL button, the power lift gate disables and I have to open and close the rear lift gate manually.

I set the CLOSE/CANCEL button back to normal operating. So when I lift the rear left handle, I hear BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, and the gate lifts.

So needless to say, I know it is a power lift gate. Still cant get the intelligent key fob to open the gate.

Maybe a trip to the dealer now.

#7 ·
hey bro i was not trying to be little your intelligence.. i just want to make sure we are all on the same page. you didnt mention those items so i was asking...
yes the fob is supposed to open the rear lid. if you have the button on the bottom of the FOB that has the gate up then its supposed to open it. thats something the dealer needs to tackle... sounds like the key needs re programming....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.