Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

4X4 selector knob

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  B cup 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals, quick question.
Does your whole 4X4 selector knob light up at night with the lights on or is it just the little line that points to what mode your in that lights up? I can't remember:confused: .

#4 ·
The selections are mostly illuminated on mine - a bulb must be out on the 2wd side. 4w high and low are lit up.

#8 ·
This morning I pulled the bezel and all connectors were plugged up. I tested the wires that supply power to light the 4X4 knob assembly and they had juice so it must be a bulb inside that lights the actual mode area because the line on the actual knob still lights up.
I can live with that though ;) .

#9 ·
Must be a couple bulbs because only my 2wd mode is out. Did it look like you could replace them?

#10 ·
I noticed this the other day in mine. I got in one night (do most of my mada driving in the evening or night) & noticed that the 2wd side is not lit up but 4wd & knob line are. I meant to ask this question back then, but kept forgetting & wasnt sure I could convey the question. If anyone can answer how many lights are back there & how hard it is to replace them, I would love to hear. Also, is this light part of the LED that ArmadaDen sells in his LED replacement kits?

#13 ·
The bulbs aren't LEDs but Nissan doesn't sell the replacement bulbs.

A couple fixes:
- Buy a new knob assembly if you want to be suckered by Nissan

- Visit a local Honda dealer and ask for 3 miniature gauge cluster bulbs. Just bring the old bulbs with just in case you run into an incompetent parts rep

- Replace with neo-gen LED bulbs; but the LEDs must be smd(low profile) or else they won't fit along where it illuminates the 2WD-Auto-4wd/hi-lo options.

#17 ·
Y post

Its easy to remove. It does require removing the face plate on the stereo/hvac controls. You just have to be careful as there are (6)? spring like clips that hold the face plate in place. They can pop off and fall behind the dashboard and if you can't find it, they're about $5-7 each from the dealership.

Once you get the face plate off, you can access the 4wd knob; just press down on the two retaining tabs on the body of the knob and it'll slide outwards and unplug the harness.

You'll see the three screw-in bulb housings. Remove and replace the bulbs. As I posted last year, Nissan doesn't sell the bulbs. Just go to a Honda parts dept and show them the bulbs.

#18 ·
I'm just going to add a bit to primov8.. U have to remove the piece where the shifter is which means u have to unscrew the knob. Then u have to remove the two bottom panel, one from the driver side and one from the passenger side. Then u can pull that bigger piece out. Unfortunately that bigger piece is being held together by clips and by the sides that its touching.

tap tap with my galaxy nexus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.