Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Suggestion if towing with Equal-i-zer brand hitch

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  repo_man 
#1 ·
For those of you that tow with your Armada or QX and use the Equal-i-zer brand hitch, I highly recommend you buy a spare set of L-brackets, in case you lose one. I just got back from a trip to Grand Canyon and Sedona Arizona. When we stopped one night to set up camp, one of my bars was hanging loose. I can't imagine how the pin could have fallen off, unless the safety pin snapped (real unlikely), so I'm guessing I put the bar up, then forgot to secure it with the L-bracket. I had spares in the trailer storage compartment that I had bought a bunch of years ago, thinking that if I had a spare, I wouldn't ever need it. The pack I bought had two spares; I had given one away to a fellow camper a few years ago who had lost one of his. This weekend, I used my second spare, likely because of my stupidity. I'm ordering another spare right now, so that I don't get caught in the future.

Here's the link to the part that I ordered. Probably cheaper places out there as well.

http://www.equalizerhitch.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=42

Keith

#3 ·
That is a great suggestion. I'm going to order a backup set now. Amazing how a $12 part could make or break a return trip home from a weekend of camping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.