Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

I'm thinking about purchasing a 2004 armada

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Daprincipal 
#1 ·
It has all the bells and whistles, navigation, rims, led lights, I want to purchase it for my husband for a return from deployment surprise!. I currently own a 2011 pathfinder and havent had any problems, but you guys seem to know so much I wanted to ask your opinion, I am going to look at it and test drive it tomorrow, Its 2004. 139 hwy miles(whatever that means) he wanted 12000. then they dropped it to 11,000, I just would like to know is it a good deal?

#2 ·
$11k is too much with those miles in my opinion. If its $9k then id consider it. But in all honesty i would avoid the 2004 models as it is the first year of production. They have issues especially the brakes. These trucks eat brakes up. I would look for an 07 and up.

#3 ·
I wouldn't necessarily discount it because its an 04. Yes it was a first year vehicle but at 139k the bugs would likely be apparent at this point. I bought my 04 new. It has 130k now. Yes it had bugs but i had them all taken care of under warranty. Now the few things that are showing up are typical for most vehicles with this mileage.
I'd suggest having a friend or mechanic take a look at it if possible. Not sure if its a good price.

#4 ·
For a 2011 Pathfinder trade-in I would try to get a 2007 or newer Armada. If I remember correctly, I think 2007 introduced VVT (variable-valve-timing) and a larger intake manifold, then 2008 introduced newly designed exhaust manifolds. The intake manifold might've been 2008, but either way 2007 is better than any previous years. 2008 also introduced more electronics. I would avoid the Auto-Temp A/C if possible the Manual knobs seem to be more reliable.

#11 ·
Just out of curiosity, what benefit does VVT and a larger intake manifold give? I just bought a 2008 so was curious.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Pops - is the 2011 up for trade in? I was under the impression that was her car.

I have a 2007 and I like it but wish I had waited and gotten a 2008. The HVAC controls on the 07 (and I assume previous) are terrible. You have to turn the dial to one side, then back to center, then back to one side, etc. in order to change the temp or turn up the fan. Really annnoying. 2008 put the cool controls like on the Infinitis I believe.

#10 ·
I own a 2004, bought it brand spankin new, and currently have 230K miles on her. The brake rotor issue was fixed shortly after I purchased the vehicle by Nissan so my bet is that the first owner had the same service done as well. It was just the rotors and they prematurely warped. After replacement I don't believe I serviced my brakes for almost another 70K miles. I replaced the rotors at or around 200K with R1 Concepts and EBC Greenstuff pads. Still have the same pads on and everything is great.

Outside of the exhaust manifolds needing replacement everything else has been routine scheduled maintenance. Well, I did have an airshock issue but that was a freak thing.

I love my Armada, it's my daily driver, it fires up the nano second you turn the key, and I don't see that changing for a while.

My bet is you can probably get them down on price some.

Good luck!

#13 ·
I just bought a 2004 last week 58,000 miles. Guy asked $13,500, offered him $12,000........
we settled on $12,500. Nissan tells me , after searching the Vin, that all recalls have been
done.....tires are new, brakes are new. I just added new Bilstein shocks and a S & B cold air intake. I seem to get about 14+ mpg before CAI based on actual physical math ( not a dash readout.) So far I'm very happy about this buggy. I had a Titan and loved it.

#14 ·
Wow! Thats really low miles for an 04.

#15 ·
I have an 04 and love it but as in many cases, the newer the better. I'd look a tad more

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.