Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Anybody not have break or Rotor problems with the 2004

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  blackArmada_Dxb 
#1 ·
I have been researching Armadas for a week now, and I see the same problem, brakes and rotors, go out pretty much every 6000 miles or less, does anybody have anything good to say about eh 04, I want to buy for my husband but I dont want to have to fix the thing every month either

#3 ·
I have an 04 but I don't replace my brakes every 6000 miles. Don't know who been driving the ones you read but I drive mine pretty hard. Lots of stop and go also. That person must be stepping on the brakes with the gas. Or have cheap crappy brakes. But no ultra wear of brakes for me. I'm at 111K miles.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#4 ·
i had the problems with the brakes when I first bought mine. every 2000 miles they kept warping and they kept replacing them. then they said it was a problem with the slider pins, but the rotors still warped. I finally replaced them with crossed drilled slotted rotors at 15,000 miles haven't had any problems since. I now have 185,995 miles on my 04

#8 ·
Its always best to replace the brakes of the Armada with slotted and drilled rotors. Having said that, the brakes of this car are not that bad at all. Try driving a LandCruiser and slam the brakes and you will know what I mean. Its a terrifying moment not knowing when the car will stop. My rotors are worn out (have to replace them shortly) and they still stop when I want to. I also want to mention that I don't do any kind of towing.

I used to drive a 1st Gen Dodge Charger before this and let me assure you nothing eats brakes quicker than that car. I used to go to the dealer every two weeks (yes, two weeks!!!) to get it replaced under warranty, till I just gave up. The boss was starting to suspect something fishy. What was the point anyways? The brakes were crap. :eek:fftopic:

Anyways, the point that I was trying to make is that, why would you want to purchase expensive unreliable brakes from the dealer when you could have 4 rotors + pads (enough for both axles) shipped to you for under $300? This goes not only for the brakes, but also for other stuff that your car needs. There is a sponsor on this site that will get you everything cheap. Also, you can try rockauto.com and everythingnissan.com. I've personally bought from all of these guys and my personal favorite, everythingnissan.com cant be beat in international shipping prices.

If you are seriously considering a 04, take her out for a the test drive and check the suspension and handling, knocking sounds from the dash, the exhaust manifolds, the overall condition of the exterior, the fog lamp assemblies and the tire conditions. You definitely don't want to spend money on the exhaust and tires right after you bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.