Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2011 or 2012 whats the difference?

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  9balllrook 
#1 ·
Newbie here,
So, I'm looking at a 2012 used (under 15,000 miles, so kinda new) SL, I want to be able to tow without too much issue (Smallish trailer) I'm looking at an SL cause we have 3 girls and leather is important for clean-up purposes. I dont think any SE's come with leather. anyway, I noticed a couple of 2011's for an average 5 K less and for the most part the difference I saw was the cool Key fab (Which i'm ok with not having). Any other issues/differences you guys would know of? Is it worth the extra 5 K?
any and all opinions welcome.
thanks in advance.

On a different note, are there any kind of "chip" upgrades you can do to improve MPG without messing up a warranty of the engine?

#3 ·
Umm... I can help you on your last question. Lol when my truck had 45-50k I was getting about 16-17mpg hwy, then I bought a SuperChips programmer and was constantly getting 19mpg. After a year I was back to 18mpg (I'm guessing due to the engine getting older). Then at 65K I bought a volant cold air intake with its "ram air scoop" accessory, I was getting a crazy 22.5mpg hwy. now I'm at 78k and I'm back to 18mpg again. I'm guessing my filter is dirty.

#5 ·
I don't have an 11 or 12 but I wouldn't think there would be any significant changes between those years. Maybe minor ones. Maybe a different choice of colors. But as far as looks, display, options , brakes or any major changes I wouldn't say there is a difference. The 5k difference wouldn't be for just a key fob. Its mostly a yr older (depreciation). I recall a few on here having issue with their '12. So I would suggest you search and see if those issue r fix with the vehicle u are interested in.

Sent from somewhere...

#10 ·
Welcome to the club, AlanD!!! As Srocha2 mentioned, SuperChips can install a performance tune on your vehicle. BullyDog is an another option as well and preferred by some over here. Good luck and let us know how it goes. :D

#12 ·
So I got a 2012 SL white with tan leather interior and its AWESOME!!! I got it for my wife and I think I want one now...Ya the Gas mileage sucks but everything else Rocks. Now, I know its new and its exciting getting a new car but I have never really looked for a reason to run an errand just to drive the car....I think my wife is on to me. (She does the same thing).
Anyone use the One to One rewards program? Not sure if its worth the hastle but it might be a good idea. any opinions would be great. Thanks again for the input and help

#14 ·
Mod it!!! Mod it!!! Mod it!!! jk. Congrats and welcome to the Mada family. I too find any little reason to ride my Mada. To save on gas I use my wife's Volvo all week for work which is 15 miles away and my wife uses the Armada but she's works just a few block from home. By the end of the week I am fiending to drive the beast.

#15 ·
Welcome to the forum!

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.