TPMS Light Flashing / On After New Tires - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#1 Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Campfamily is on a distinguished road
TPMS Light Flashing / On After New Tires

Last weekend I had new tires put on the Armada. A couple of days after, the TPMS light came on. When you first start the truck, the light flashes, indicating a fault in the system. After a minute of so, the light stops flashing, and stays on steady. My truck has the Navigation system, so I can see the individual tire pressures on the screen. Only three of the pressures are showing, the fourth shows "**". So, I went back to the tire dealer (America's Tire), and they tested all four sensors with a hand-held device; he was able to communicate with all four sensors. He said that the batteries inside the sensor have a life of about 6 to 8 years, and that although he was able to communicate with the sensors, a weak battery on one of them might be causing the problem. He recommended replacing all four of the sensors, under the theory that if one was going bad, the other three weren't far behind. He wants $60 each, plus $10 each for installation (re-balancing the tire is free, since I bought the tires from them). Does this explanation sound reasonable? Anything else I should be checking?

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-04-2012, 12:56 PM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
drewcs is on a distinguished road
Funny. I also have a 2006 and 2 days ago mine started to do the same thing AND I'm searching for new tires, too. I thought that these were serviceable...probably the cheaper route? Used are about $100 for 4 but there's no guarantee how long they'll last and aftermarket are in the $50 each range. I think I'd go with the rebuild option if it's available.

'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 4300K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - R1Concepts Premium drilled/slotted w/posi ceramics front and back.
#3 Old 11-07-2012, 01:20 AM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Looks like I'll also be buying new tpms modules with my new tires and rims next week as they're not serviceable. There is a service kit but that is for the stems and valve inserts only. A little choked that I'll be spending another $60 per tire as I'm sure you were too.

'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 4300K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - R1Concepts Premium drilled/slotted w/posi ceramics front and back.
#4 Old 11-07-2012, 07:02 AM
blackArmada_Dxb
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
blackArmada_Dxb is on a distinguished road
You could get the same for 33 dollars+shipping. Rockauto.com has some good deals on these sensors...
#5 Old 11-07-2012, 12:59 PM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode