Do I have the SE 4wd or the SE 4WD Off-Road - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#1 Old 11-05-2012, 03:03 PM
TexasEdition
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
TexasEdition is on a distinguished road
Do I have the SE 4wd or the SE 4WD Off-Road

Hey guys, I have a question about a 2004 Armada I am about to purchase this week. It's an SE with 4WD. How can I tell if this is just an SE with 4wd or if it's an SE 4WD Off-Road?

I'm hoping/thinking this is the SE 4WD Off-Road because on the tailgate, it says:

Pathfinder
Armada

I am unsure what the stock rim and tires were because he replaced the rims with custom black chrome 18x9 with 325/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers with a 2" lift in the front and 2" lift in the rear.

I am using different VIN Decoders to see if it has that option or not, but so far, I haven't came up with an answer so far

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Campfamily is on a distinguished road
if I remember right, the Off Road had additional skid plates, and also didn't have the black piece across the front under the bumper (kind of like a small spoiler). Also, I think there was a graphic on the side, but if the truck has been repainted, that might be gone.

Be aware that the 2094 Armada had some problems that got ironed out in later model years, particularly with brakes. I'd highly recommend you have a pre-purchase inspection conducted before you finalize the purchase.

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
#3 Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 PM
TexasEdition
SHIFT_Enthusiast

The Armada is being sold on here. He said he replaced the brake pads, rotors and bearings.

The two TSB's I see that were issued on the CarFax report were ECM Relay NTB10-137 and ARM/TTN COND FAN NTB08-068

He told me that he ended up replacing all of the A/C lines and every possible A/C part available including the vacuum pump, pressure guage, etc.. . Not sure what other parts he is referring to. But he is being honest with all of the problems he is having with it.

He replied to my email asking if it was the Off-Road trim and he said it wasn't the Off-Road Version, which from further research, consist of a skid plate, 285/70/17's instead of 265/65/18's, which doesn't matter to me since it has aftermarket 18" wheels and 325/60/18's Nitto Terra Grapplers on it now.

I'm going in on the 6" lift kit that Greg and another member on this board is trying to organize. It already has a 2" lift on it already, so I'll probably get myself a skid plate anyway and a small bull bar

Last edited by TexasEdition; 11-06-2012 at 12:07 AM.
#4 Old 11-06-2012, 01:10 PM
blackArmada_Dxb
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
blackArmada_Dxb is on a distinguished road
Welcome to ClubArmada, TexasEdition!!
#5 Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 PM
stellato1976
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
stellato1976 is on a distinguished road
If it has skid plates it ia an offroad. Ask the guy who has it for sale if he ever changed the brake booster. It is a common repair for those years. $800. Also it may have cracked manifolds if they were never changed. $2500

Last edited by stellato1976; 11-06-2012 at 02:42 PM.
#6 Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 PM
TexasEdition
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Thanks BlackArmada! I use to be a long term member on TitanTalk.com and attended a bunch of Titan meetups in Dallas, then I rolled my Titan 8 times and was ejected 40 ft into a tree and had to be airlifted. Died twice and the guys came to my cousins house where I was staying and offered their help and a guy I ended up being friends with, tried really hard to get me to go to a Houston meet, but I was still too banged up to go. Nissan guys are really good people! I am a GM Fan, I'll admit, but those guys are DB's over those boards for some reasons.

As for the Armadas problems I could run into with it being a 2004, I'm now scared and not sure if I want to buy it now.
#7 Old 11-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Just like the Titan, the 2004's have the most problems. The biggest problem with SUV's is that 99% of owners don't replace OEM crap with aftermarket parts so the chance of getting one that has headers etc that would last alot longer is pretty much slim to none...

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#8 Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 PM
TexasEdition
SHIFT_Enthusiast

hmm well I had a 2004 Titan and I didnt have a single problem with it.. but then again.. I bought it with 9k miles on it and totaled it when I just rolled over 20k miles on it... This Armada has 82k miles on it.. I'm guessing he would have had these problems already, right? :-)
#9 Old 11-07-2012, 09:19 PM
TexasEdition
SHIFT_Enthusiast

I'm going Friday.... 2004 Armada SE 4x4 with DVD's in the headrest, leather, trailering package with an aftermarket brake controller, custom rims and 33" tires, lifted 2/2. $12k.. It's a deal I can't seem to walk away from. I just know its going to (Garland) Dallas as soon as possible at Chico's Collision to paint it black, including all of the chrome crap. I hate chrome unless its on wheels on the right vehicle. But then again, I have been wanting to paint a vehicle of mine since the EARLY 2000's Copperhead Pearl, but just found my new favorite color, Kandy Tangerine. Check it out

Last edited by TexasEdition; 11-08-2012 at 01:38 PM.
#10 Old 11-07-2012, 09:44 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
So you are going to buy a titan instead of an armada now? I have the 04. I have to say I have been lucky. Second owner bought it at ~35K I think..now its 110K. Headers still good, air suspension still good, brakes are good. I had the brake shudder a few yrs ago but it fixed itself. Lol..I didn't do anything it just stopped. Overhead console still good. Sonar still good. Pretty much the Armada is all good. Just changed the front and rear diff. And tranny fluid also.

edit: the only i have is the rattling of the driver side window when its 1/4 way down. and my dashboard rattle when my rpm reaches around 3K-4K

Trying to send this from GNex using auto guide app.

'04 LE

Last edited by ntrddragn; 11-07-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode