#1 Old 11-10-2012, 01:28 AM
nyc platinum
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nyc platinum is on a distinguished road
Tire opinions

I'm about to purchase some tires and I'm not too sure which brand to get. I currently have the Michelin Latitudes 275 60 20. I'm thinking about BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Continental, or Goodyear. I want something not too expensive, but also good lifetime and quality. I live in New York. All seasons?? What do you guys think?

2010 Platinum: Magnaflow 22", Air box mod w/ K&N drop in filter, 6000k low beams & fogs, mirror, license plate, reverse light, interior, and puddle LED bulbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-10-2012, 03:19 AM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
drewcs is on a distinguished road
I currently have Bridgestone dueller h/t but am getting Cooper ATP's tomorrow. I wanted the Zeons but couldn't get thm delivered on time. The Duellers have about 50k on them and would have lasted another 10-15k if I didn't get lazy on my rotations. They were great in the rain, snow, dirt roads. A little soft in the sidewalls but can't complain. I hope the coopers are a good choice. Some good reports on them and the price is right at $199ea.

'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 4300K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - R1Concepts Premium drilled/slotted w/posi ceramics front and back.
#3 Old 11-10-2012, 01:01 PM
E&J push'n wind
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
E&J push'n wind is on a distinguished road
All of those choices you named are quality tires. Take a look at the Falken lineup as well, excellent tire for the price. I'm running the Falken Rocky Mountains on mine and I am quite pleased with the performance and mileage so far. Just another to consider, FWIW.
#4 Old 11-10-2012, 05:57 PM
1BadC10
SHIFT_Hardcore

1BadC10 is on a distinguished road
Dueler H/L's area great, long lasting tires

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

2007 Armada SE - Family Hauler
#5 Old 11-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
I'm running Coopers on my cars.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#6 Old 11-12-2012, 12:47 AM
nyc platinum
SHIFT_Newbie

nyc platinum is on a distinguished road
Aiming for the Duelers so far

2010 Platinum: Magnaflow 22", Air box mod w/ K&N drop in filter, 6000k low beams & fogs, mirror, license plate, reverse light, interior, and puddle LED bulbs
#7 Old 11-12-2012, 03:08 PM
blackArmada_Dxb
SHIFT_Hardcore

blackArmada_Dxb is on a distinguished road
I second the Coopers and they will definitely be my choice for the next set. Partly due to the fact that they are made of silica and relatively lightweight.
#8 Old 12-24-2012, 04:05 PM
PlatinumV8
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
PlatinumV8 is on a distinguished road
I am replacing my tires in the next couple of weeks. I was looking at the Cooper discoverers as well. They have a higher utqg rating and are an aggressive looking tire.

I am very hard on tires...and brakes. I want something that is going to last. I don't want to be replacing tires every couple of years.

I had Toyos Proxes on my last SUV, but I had a set on 20" chromes for the summer, and a set of Toyo open country tires on 18" alloys for the winter.

I am a woman and changing out the wheels was too much of a pain loading and unloading, getting a truck to put them in etc.

My problem is that I need tires that will run great in the snow, but that I'm going to be running all year, and won't have to replace every two years. I keep up the rotations, but I wore out my Proxes pretty quickly. They were disappointing. The factory Michelins on my Armada lasted 18k miles.

So, that said....any other suggestions? Like I said, the Coopers are at the top of my list right now because of the UTQG rating, reviews, and the price, but I'm looking at Good Year SilentArmor and Yokohama Geolanders as well.

Thanks
#9 Old 12-24-2012, 09:50 PM
keg97
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
keg97 is on a distinguished road
I put a set of Cooper Discoverer HTPs on the QX a few years ago and have been very happy with them. I got them b/c I was not happy with anything else out there and the Coopers were dirt cheap (120/tire) so I took a chance. They have been great...no issues in rain or light snow. They handle very well and are quiet. We take the QX off road often at the beach and they do well. I've got over 30K on them them and will probably need to replace them sometime next year so I'll get almost 40K from them.

2008 Infiniti QX56 4x4 (Tuscan Pearl/Wheat), 2009 Audi Q7 S-Line (Daytona Gray/Black), 2009 Infiniti G37xS (Garnet Red/Stone), 1994 Mazda Miata (Laguna Blue/Black), Previous Nissans:, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4 (sold 2/08), 1993.5 Infiniti G20-manual (RIP 7/8/04)
#10 Old 12-24-2012, 10:32 PM
PlatinumV8
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
PlatinumV8 is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I'm actually looking at the AT3s. I need something that will go in snow on hills. I have a pretty hairy commute in the winter.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode