Drivers side window motor and regulator cost? - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#11 Old 04-19-2011, 02:36 AM
devlspawn
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
devlspawn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drauden View Post
Good thing I subscribed as now I need to do this, only I hear there is a national backorder on motors!!
I just replaced mine. Autozone and O'Reiley's have a replacement motor (made by same manufacturer) but they usually have to be ordered and appear to possibly be on backorder.

I got one from Napa for $95, they actually had one in stock nearby my house. Replaced the motor, cleaned and greased the regulator, and so far its working beautifully!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 11-11-2012, 01:25 AM
arit
SHIFT_Lurker

arit is on a distinguished road
Hello all,
I had the same problem exactly. However, I opted for a hack as I really do not like automatic windows (due to inability to open if no power) so I converted it to manual. Not very pretty, but works well.
Cheers
Arit
#13 Old 05-24-2013, 01:03 PM
tchjts1
SHIFT_Hardcore

tchjts1 is on a distinguished road
My driver's side window has been struggling to go up for the past few weeks.
Totally dead in the down position today.

Called a Nissan dealer... new motor through them is $313.79.
Called Napa auto parts and they have one for $104 that I can pick up today.
The Napa part is a refurb, but inside the box it is stamped "New Unit" and the guy at Napa pulled it out of the box and also said it is new.
Apparently, if they don't have any refurbished ones, they give you new ones.

Return the old motor (core) for a $22 refund.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
'07 LE 4x4, Injen PowerFlow intake, SuperChips tuned, Borla dual exhaust, Bilstein struts, Michelin LTX MS2's, PowerSlot slotted rotors/Akebono pads, Goodridge SS brake lines, KMC-XD Monster rims, Viper remote start.

Last edited by tchjts1; 05-24-2013 at 06:30 PM.
#14 Old 05-25-2013, 01:13 PM
tchjts1
SHIFT_Hardcore

Ugh. It's not the motor. The wires are all frayed in the regulator. Through the dealer, the regulator costs $242.93. Of course they don't have it in stock. Said they can have one for me by Thursday. 5 days from now.

I called Napa (where I got the motor yesterday), and they can have it in store for me in 2 hours and costs $179.99. I am really starting to like these Napa guys in Pleasanton, CA. Guy I have worked with is named Terry.

Anyway, here are the part numbers for this stuff.
Nissan part number for the regulator is: 807217s000
Napa part number for the (refurbed) lift motor is: 49-20965
Napa part number for the regulator is: 749-524

So, if your window symptoms are that the motor seems to be strong, except for certain positions as it goes up and down, you may want to check for the availability of the regulator before you dig in.

Here you can see the wires are frayed in the regulator:

And this is what the full regulator assembly looks like. This is what you get when you order the "regulator". It is not just the plastic housing.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
'07 LE 4x4, Injen PowerFlow intake, SuperChips tuned, Borla dual exhaust, Bilstein struts, Michelin LTX MS2's, PowerSlot slotted rotors/Akebono pads, Goodridge SS brake lines, KMC-XD Monster rims, Viper remote start.

Last edited by tchjts1; 05-26-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Added Napa part # for regulator
#15 Old 05-26-2013, 12:26 AM
Rumplecat
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Rumplecat is on a distinguished road
Garage
I will be tackling this soon also. Mine stopped a quarter of the way down but I managed to get it back up. Thanks for the part numbers!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

James

2004 Armada SE Smoke 4x4, 2 Degree Advanced Timing, Air-Box Mod, K&N Drop In Filter, Active Tuning Grounding Kit, 6000K HID's, LED Interior and Exterior illumination, Chrome OEM Grille, Front Windows Tinted To Mach Back, V8 Emblems, LE Emblem, Big Tow Package, Prodigy Brake Controller, ScanGauge II, Microfilter, Qx56 Chrome Wheels/Steering Wheel, OEM Fog Lights, Back-Up Camera!
1976 Apache Trailer Hard-side Pop Up
#16 Old 05-26-2013, 08:13 AM
GRILL
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
GRILL is on a distinguished road
Subscribe. Might have to do this in a near future

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

'07 Smoke Mada: 20" OEM 08' Armada Rims, Nitto Trails 305/55R20, 6" ProComp Lift, Radflo coilvers, PRG UCAs, Firestone AirBag Spring Helpers, 2* Timing Advance, Airaid TBS, Borla Dual Exhaust, Volant CAI, Bully Dog, two Tech12volt underseat box w/ Alpine SWR-T10, Stinger 925 in rear & Alpine PDX 1.1000, ArmaDen 6000k low's
#17 Old 05-26-2013, 03:06 PM
tchjts1
SHIFT_Hardcore

Overall, it wasn't that difficult.

A few things to pay attention to:
If your regulator is fine, lube it while you have it out. I think my new regulator came pre-lubed.

The clip that holds the motor electrical connector to the door frame is a squeeze-to-release type mushroom head. My curved needle nose were perfect to get that clip released from the frame. You have to re-use that clip on your new connector. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to remove the clip from the connector itself. I had to dremel it out.

Here you can see the clip that you will re-use, as well as the squeeze pin that you have to release from the backside of the door frame.

Pay attention to the instructions on how to program the anti-pinch function. Otherwise, when you use the auto-close feature of the window, it will go all the way up, then drop back down about 2 inches.

Be sure to test that the window doesn't bind going up and down before you put the panel back on.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

#18 Old 06-24-2013, 07:59 AM
Noopex
SHIFT_Newbie

Noopex is on a distinguished road
Thank you tchjts1...
This information is very useful, the same thing is happening to me, but also the small plastic pieces that hold the glass in to the regulator are broke, anyone know where I can find them.
#19 Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 PM
GNOLAUM
SHIFT_Lurker

GNOLAUM is on a distinguished road
awesome videos. marked cuz my window is stuck in my door. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a repair

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode