Consumer Reports? ugh - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#11 Old 11-13-2012, 11:04 AM
08ArmadaSE
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
08ArmadaSE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackArmada_Dxb View Post
Worth its weight in gold!!!
Ill second that. We hit a cow at 70 on I40 outside Amarillo and no injuries at all. My daughter even slept through the whole thing. That right there is why I will keep buying an armada and Titan. I don't care what the reviews say that thing definetly did its job in the wreck. I was worried when they said they were going to fix it with 15k worth of damage. But there was no frame or suspension damage. Now it drives just like grand new and I'm glad I got it back.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352822565246.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	11554  

2008 Armada SE
No Mods as of yet. Wife doesnt want anything done to it but we will see.

2010 Titan Pro-4x:
Maganflow DISO muffler with JBA tip. Factory matched window tint. Tinted tailights, Debadged. Volant Powercore intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM
GJBenn85
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GJBenn85 is on a distinguished road
The Armada might have the worst gas mileage in its class, but it is simply the best full size SUV relative to the Tahoe/Yukon, Expedition, and Sequoia. None of the other vehicles except perhaps the Sequoia can match the overall performance, comfort, spaciousness, and quality of the Armada, and the Sequoia is flat out ugly in my opinion. I really wanted to like the Yukon/Tahoe and Expedition but their weak engines, cheap build quality, and handling left a lot to be desired (though the Expedition handles much better than the Tahoe/Yukon).

CR is a joke and has been for years. Like most companies that give opinions on products, watch where their hands are (taking cash from brands). Anyone that buys based on CR deserves whatever they get.
#13 Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 AM
jejb
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jejb is on a distinguished road
1st post here. Just bought a new Armada, despite the CR reports. I'm a LONG time CR subscriber, and they do not take money from any brand or advertisers. They are unique that way as they actually go out and anonymously purchase the vehicles they test from car dealers. So I do put some weight on their ratings, but usually not too much on their opinions. Having also been a Car and Driver subscriber for many years, I know that CR just does not review cars well in a lot of areas. They seem to always have a greenie slant to everything. And that's not where most folks heads are when buying large SUV's or sports cars. So I believe them for MPG and stuff like that, but not for their driving opinions.

Last edited by jejb; 11-26-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: +

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode