Advantages to purchasing 2012 armada - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#11 Old 11-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Srocha2
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Srocha2 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 11-19-2012, 01:22 AM
dmdatwork
SHIFT_Lurker

dmdatwork is on a distinguished road
i was noticing a trend here...everyone's wife/significant other is under 5'3" or so! my wife too is 5'1" and she thinks it drives fine. I'm the daily driver but she has no problems driving it. we have the exact model that you are looking at and have looked at all the other models of cars you looked at as well, along with the lexus gx460. the armada for space is much better than all of them, with the exception of the qx of course. but for the additional money you pay for that, we decided it wasn't worth it. we rented an armada while on vacation and that's what really sold it for me. if you can it'd be a great idea to. good luck!
#13 Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 AM
KMDColo
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
KMDColo is on a distinguished road
Screencast of the IIHS stats for 4x4 Armada - http://screencast.com/t/leZOpSTrgvf

2-wheel drive Armada's apparently aren't as safe http://screencast.com/t/pHTmyDqLE

Thanks Srocha2

2007 LE, S&B CAI, 2* Timing Advance, BullyDog regular 91 tune. Bilstein HD, Garmin 1490T hardwired with Ecoroute HD.

Last edited by KMDColo; 11-19-2012 at 10:15 AM.
#14 Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Srocha2
SHIFT_Newbie

Srocha2 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMDColo View Post
Screencast of the IIHS stats for 4x4 Armada - http://screencast.com/t/leZOpSTrgvf

2-wheel drive Armada's apparently aren't as safe http://screencast.com/t/pHTmyDqLE

Thanks Srocha2
You're welcome. I wonder why the 2wd isn't as safe, and the titan ranks one of the worst also. Hmm...
#15 Old 11-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Kooshtaka is on a distinguished road
Congrats and welcome to the Club!

Be sure to participate in the Ride of the Month (ROTM) threads!

Armadas are tanks... I know quite a few members on here have gotten into accidents and the Armada did exactly what it was supposed to- protect the occupants! Some definately didnt look pretty afterwards, but the other vehicles definately looked worse! I've owned a Titan and now an Armada and IMHO they are 2 very safe vehicles! My wife is about 5'3ish and she has little/no issues driving it. I think the back up sensors and rear view camera definately help

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: UpRev, GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
#16 Old 11-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Tanygirl
SHIFT_Lurker

Tanygirl is on a distinguished road
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the great advice! My husband purchased my new armada this weekend for me. I am excited to be apart of the armada club and getting to know and drive this beautiful vehicle!
#17 Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 AM
dragon_27
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
dragon_27 is on a distinguished road
wow thats hilarious lol, that a lot of member's wives are the same height as my wife. she's 5 foot 1, and yeah, she drives this thing like a mercedes sports car. she loves it, whips corners and all and on top of that, says driving the suv is easier than a car as you're higher up so you can see better and you have bigger mirrors for parking and she can parallel park as well...

2006 QX56 with all wheel drive and intelligent cruise control

22 inch incubus wheels, 305/45/22 nitto nt420s tires, e&g grille, s&b intake, magnaflow catback exhaust, solo performance resonated tip, bullydog tuner, 10 alpine shallow sub, tech12volt underseat box, 1000 watt alpine mono amp, tvandnav2go unit, harman kardon drive+play dock, tinted tail lights, magnum crossed drilled rotors, weathertech mats, 3m clear and bilstein hd - to do list: cajun b pipes, fm y pipe and blacking out chrome...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode