AIRAID Intake System For 2004-2009 5.6L Nissan Armada - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #11 of 19 Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
AIRAID Filters
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AIRAID Filters is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the positive feedback! And yes, both TAP and AJUSA are good vendors of ours that support this forum as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Saracen
SHIFT_Lurker

Saracen is on a distinguished road
I have a question for you, regarding the water. Since I live in the maritimes where we get a lot of snow and rain, puddles of water every wheres, am I risking moisture or water getting sucked in the engine? I see your design is different that the oem or the other companies where the filter is enclosed in a box. Thanks.
post #13 of 19 Old 11-19-2012, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
AIRAID Filters
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
I have a question for you, regarding the water. Since I live in the maritimes where we get a lot of snow and rain, puddles of water every wheres, am I risking moisture or water getting sucked in the engine? I see your design is different that the oem or the other companies where the filter is enclosed in a box. Thanks.
Hi Saracen,

We use the bottom of the hood as a "lid", so when the hood is closed it makes a box. As you can see from the installed photo we posted, there's weatherstripping along the top of the cold air dam panels; this is what makes contact with the underside of the hood. The thin open portion at the front remains well protected. We've never had any kind of water ingestion complaints with this system, but if you want a little extra peace of mind you could run our prefilter over the filter itself; the pre-filter is made of a material that is water-repellent. Hope this helps!
post #14 of 19 Old 11-19-2012, 01:56 PM
indresda
SHIFT_Enthusiast

indresda is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to indresda
is it legal in California?

Eclipse 5495 30 G HDD, Eclipse rear camera, D6's front & passenger, JL 300/4, JL 500/1, JL W6 H/O Box,2 Headset Myron & Davis, Myron & Davis flip down,
4 way audio/Video switcher w/TV tuner , DVD, Xbox 360, Sirius satellite. Nitto Dune Grappler DT, Chrome Pilars, Stainless Steels door seals, Stainless steel Gauge, Tuele Stealth box w/ Rack Extender, Magna Flow Performance, Volant cool air intake, Active tunning kit
post #15 of 19 Old 11-19-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
AIRAID Filters
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indresda View Post
is it legal in California?
The system is 50-state legal for 2004-2010 models; it looks like 11-12 models are still pending. The approval process takes awhile unfortunately.
post #16 of 19 Old 11-19-2012, 03:56 PM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
drewcs is on a distinguished road
Why did Airaid leave that small unsealed opening at the front and back corner of the airbox. Would it be beneficial to seal those areas as well? Just wondering...

'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 5000K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors w/ceramics pads
post #17 of 19 Old 11-19-2012, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
AIRAID Filters
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcs View Post
Why did Airaid leave that small unsealed opening at the front and back corner of the airbox. Would it be beneficial to seal those areas as well? Just wondering...
It serves as an additional cold air inlet; our system utilizes the factory inlet duct as well as this additional opening to further promote airflow. The area is well protected yet forward-facing, so you get additional flow from cold air. Really the cold air dam panels are more about isolating the filter from the hot engine compartment air. Basically, if you get in a situation where water ingestion becomes a concern, you have bigger things to worry about because your vehicle is sinking!

Keep in mind we also have our MXP systm, which is a full replacement one-piece air box rather than retaining the lower half of the factory box. This one also includes a new intake tube:

http://airaid.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=520-284
post #18 of 19 Old 11-20-2012, 11:42 AM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
drewcs is on a distinguished road
Hey Airaid, thanks for the reply and info. I do have the MXP and think its an awesome CAI. In my last post i wondered whether hot engine air isolation would be better if the small openings that were not sealed by the hood were in fact sealed off. Would the fender inlet provide enough air?

'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 5000K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors w/ceramics pads
post #19 of 19 Old 11-20-2012, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
AIRAID Filters
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcs View Post
Hey Airaid, thanks for the reply and info. I do have the MXP and think its an awesome CAI. In my last post i wondered whether hot engine air isolation would be better if the small openings that were not sealed by the hood were in fact sealed off. Would the fender inlet provide enough air?
In a lot of applications, yes, the fender inlet is sufficient. On this one I suppose engineering felt there was a need to add a little more, and the benefits outweighed the slight potential reduction in isolation? Those guys are way smarter than I am, so there was a reason I'm sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode