#1 Old 11-21-2012, 02:08 PM
jakmobile
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jakmobile is on a distinguished road
04 Armada won't start

Been having this problem on and off again for the past year or so. Thought it was the battery so I replaced it but for some reasons the new battery still won't hold a charge unless the engine is started every few todays. Disconnected the battery completely today and ran my jumper cables directly onto the cars terminal. Truck is now getting power but only clicks when I turn the ignition. Was thinking it might have something to do with my Piaa and winch drawing too much power but I disconnected those and still no dice.

Going to have it towed over to Nissan but will update you guys with what the outcome is in case someone else has runs into a similar issue.

'04 Silver LE 4x4, Factory Navi, 2 degree timing advance, Airraid throttle body spacer, S&B cold air intake, JBA catback, Toyo M/T's,PRG 2" Mini lift, Superchips Cortex tuned, Yakima Mega Warrior roof rack(w/extension), Viper remote start, 4 Piaa 520's(2 fog, 2 driving), Sway-a-way front shocks(removed sway bar afterwards), custom steel front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, CB with antenna mounted in front bumper.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
Cool. Could be an alternator?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

'04 LE
#3 Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Bushpod
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bushpod is on a distinguished road
Help! No start too

Hi guys,
At times the Mada won't start. Have taken it in already for the IPDM relay swap, replaced the battery, plugs, can hear the fuel pump.
Ok, more to this. Turn key to on position, receive ses light. Go to start, occasionally will not start, ses light stays on. Most times will start, no ses light. Starter solenoid? Starter? Battery connections seem fine, as does the ground. No dtc in system with code reader when it does happen - think engine needs to be running? Confused.

Last edited by Bushpod; 12-12-2012 at 12:57 PM.
#4 Old 01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
AquaFender
SHIFT_Lurker

AquaFender is on a distinguished road
I'm having a similar problem with my 04.

Last Friday, it wouldn't start. Jumped it on Saturday. Got it going, drove it around, charged it, it started fine afterwards.

Sunday morning, no start.

Monday morning, jumped it. Drove it to the ski resort. Shut it down, it restarted fine. So, I disconnected the battery and let it sit for the the day. Reconnected the battery at the end of the day and it started great and ran fine.

Parked it overnight with the battery connected. Wouldn't start Tuesday morning.

On mine, I believe that I have a parasitic drain--something is still using electricity after it shuts off. I tried to test for it on Tuesday, but had problems with my tester (probably because it was as cold as I was). I will be doing more testing this weekend.

I think that it sounds like you also have a parasitic draw. The simple test would be to jump it (major hassle), drive it around a while (I drove mine about 40 minutes to the ski resort) until it is charged enough to start. Then park it. Disconnect the battery overnight and see if it still has a charge. If it does, then you have a draw. Now, you have to test and try and find the source of the problem. Google how to do the test (I'm still working on it, so I can't describe it all that well).

Or, just throw a 10mm socket and ratchet in your truck and disconnect the battery every time you park the truck -- that will be fun. Haven't suggested it to my wife yet...
#5 Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
arlingtonarmada
SHIFT_Enthusiast

arlingtonarmada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaFender View Post
I'm having a similar problem with my 04.

Last Friday, it wouldn't start. Jumped it on Saturday. Got it going, drove it around, charged it, it started fine afterwards.

Sunday morning, no start.

Monday morning, jumped it. Drove it to the ski resort. Shut it down, it restarted fine. So, I disconnected the battery and let it sit for the the day. Reconnected the battery at the end of the day and it started great and ran fine.

Parked it overnight with the battery connected. Wouldn't start Tuesday morning.

On mine, I believe that I have a parasitic drain--something is still using electricity after it shuts off. I tried to test for it on Tuesday, but had problems with my tester (probably because it was as cold as I was). I will be doing more testing this weekend.

I think that it sounds like you also have a parasitic draw. The simple test would be to jump it (major hassle), drive it around a while (I drove mine about 40 minutes to the ski resort) until it is charged enough to start. Then park it. Disconnect the battery overnight and see if it still has a charge. If it does, then you have a draw. Now, you have to test and try and find the source of the problem. Google how to do the test (I'm still working on it, so I can't describe it all that well).

Or, just throw a 10mm socket and ratchet in your truck and disconnect the battery every time you park the truck -- that will be fun. Haven't suggested it to my wife yet...

How old is your battery?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode