Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Came back from another tire shop. Still confused?!? Should the gross weight of the trailer be factored in on the tire Max Load single which 2469. Times 4 is 9876. Which sounds more than fine for the Armada, passengers, gear and tongue weight (about 500 lbs). The tire people are saying the trailer gross weight should added too, although not confident. Which would put me just around 10,000 total maybe more. But the trailer isn't sitting on the tires, right? What am I missing?
Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
You only need to add the tongue weight of the trailer to your total weight, not the entire weight of the trailer.
What is the max load on your existing tires?
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 15 Ford Focus Electric (commuter car)
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 70,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author