2008 Nissan Armada interior roof consoles cracked and hanging. - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#11 Old 11-12-2012, 01:03 AM
LaurenOE
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LaurenOE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LaurenOE
Oh my!

This JUST happened to us today.
We came outside about mid day, and opened the door and found THIS!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 11-12-2012, 04:55 PM
bobbo_b
SHIFT_Lurker

bobbo_b is on a distinguished road
same thing happened to me!

This same thing happened to my 2008 Armada. It started with the back cracking and eventually happed to the front sunglass compartment. and the big rectangle storage also completely fell off. I was in the same boat as the above poster opened the door to find it hanging though not as bad. This dosen't seem right or safe. If it were to fall during regular use of the vehical it could definatly cause an accident. Nissan should address this! I found the replacement parts online at carid.com, But beware thry take forever to ship and give you a shipping date that will more than likely be a few days later they might give some runaround about how it was damaged and hey had to get a new one. my replacement consoles should be here tomorrow. 312.00for both shipped. here but again beware. Has anyone comtacted Nissan about this? I'm going to write them a email today with a link to this thread. here is a link to the carid website where i ordered replacements. The dealer wanted something ike 1500.00 for the parts plus labor BS!

carid.com part front overhead console-NNPA08OA

rear overhead console-NNPA08OB
#13 Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 AM
N1SERVER
SHIFT_Lurker

N1SERVER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo_b View Post
This same thing happened to my 2008 Armada. It started with the back cracking and eventually happed to the front sunglass compartment. and the big rectangle storage also completely fell off. I was in the same boat as the above poster opened the door to find it hanging though not as bad. This dosen't seem right or safe. If it were to fall during regular use of the vehical it could definatly cause an accident. Nissan should address this! I found the replacement parts online at carid.com, But beware thry take forever to ship and give you a shipping date that will more than likely be a few days later they might give some runaround about how it was damaged and hey had to get a new one. my replacement consoles should be here tomorrow. 312.00for both shipped. here but again beware. Has anyone comtacted Nissan about this? I'm going to write them a email today with a link to this thread. here is a link to the carid website where i ordered replacements. The dealer wanted something ike 1500.00 for the parts plus labor BS!

carid.com part front overhead console-NNPA08OA

rear overhead console-NNPA08OB

Props to you if you found BOTH of these consoles for $300. However it appears as though these are overlays for the existing console. Nissan fleeced me for $400+ for just the front console. I'm crossing my fingers that the rear one doesn't break as well.

Please do update us when the parts arrive. You would be doing a huge service for those of us who are experiencing this problem.
#14 Old 11-13-2012, 03:53 AM
bobbo_b
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1SERVER View Post
Props to you if you found BOTH of these consoles for $300. However it appears as though these are overlays for the existing console. Nissan fleeced me for $400+ for just the front console. I'm crossing my fingers that the rear one doesn't break as well.

Please do update us when the parts arrive. You would be doing a huge service for those of us who are experiencing this problem.
will do I should recieve them sometime today.
#15 Old 11-13-2012, 04:11 AM
bobbo_b
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1SERVER View Post

Oh and btw I had the same concern regarding that they were just overlays due to the reviews but he said there are only a few reviews for the site as a whole and they do not have reviews for specific products. I dont for sure untill I get them today. On the schematic if you double click it pulls up all the parts to be recieved with numbers. so before I ordered I called in and spoke with a rep before i ordered online he reassured me i was ordering the correct parts. Again I wont know untill today but hopefully they are what I need i'll keep everyone posted.
#16 Old 11-13-2012, 11:46 AM
bobbo_b
SHIFT_Lurker

looks like this is not just some of us.

Here are some links i came across with a simple search on google for 2008 nissan armada overhead console problems. Looks like it's effecting the 2008 models including some titan owners. I contacted nissan yesterdy via phone call and email asking them to address this potentialy dangerous situation. This could cause an accident or hurt someone sitting in the back particularly children and infants. It also seems other consumers have also contacted nissan about this has any that has contacted them heard any thing back from them? Seeing as i just did yesterday afternoon i'm still waiting on a response from them. I think EVERYONE having this issue should contact them in order to show them this is definatly a manufactures defect. links to follow for other 2008 armada issues. It did not hyperlink them for some reason but a simple cut and paste should do the trick.

http://www.arfc.org/complaints/2008/...e/problem.aspx

http://www.faqs.org/car/nissan-armada-2008/structure/

http://nissan.pissedconsumer.com/nis...911344842.html

http://www.theautochannel.com/autopa...madaitems.html

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t11936044-..._nissan_armada

http://www.autopartsfair.com/used-pa...ada_leads.html

http://boardreader.com/thread/2008_N..._1vcjsXg5w.htm

http://www.carproblemzoo.com/nissan/...r-problems.php

http://www.aboutautomobile.com/Compl...Body+and+Frame

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62087
#17 Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 PM
LaurenOE
SHIFT_Lurker

UPDATE:

My Nissan dealer - Bill Ray Nissan in Longwood, Fl. is going to cover this 100%.
They put something together and sent it to Nissan. Under "Goodwill" they are going to fix it 100%. I've got to say that I will continue to buy vehicles from both Nissan and Bill Ray. Amazing customer service.

On the flip side, as it turns out, they had heard of this happening before, so it wasn't a huge surprise to them.

It's always nice when a manufacturer and dealer work together to do the right thing for customers.

Well done.
#18 Old 11-13-2012, 06:56 PM
bobbo_b
SHIFT_Lurker

Unfortunately N1server's and my own original assumption were correct. This is why I called before ordering online! The funny thing is even if I would have orderd these parts the wrong color came instead of factory match it was woodgrain so either way not what I ordered. You know what they say about things being to good to be true haha. Sorry for the excitement folks dissapointed again. I guess I'm going to try another dealership to see if maybe they will except my extended warranty but I doubt it. Man what a headache!
#19 Old 11-16-2012, 05:05 PM
LaurenOE
SHIFT_Lurker

Well folks, everything is fixed and put back together!

A big shout out to Bill Ray Nissan in Longwood Florida!
You guys are the best and why we continue to drive across town to buy and get our Nissans serviced by you!

From start to finish, under a week to get it fixed!!!

Way to keep us happy and in the Nissan family!

#20 Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 PM
bighamp
SHIFT_Lurker

bighamp is on a distinguished road
OK PEOPLE!!!!!! I had the same issue and found this forum which has some good info. I called a Dealership in Houston with this part# 96939-ZQ02D and the parts guy told me nothing is showing for that number so I called the dealership where I bought my Armada. The part number came back good and when I asked what was the color of that piece, he asked me for my v.i.n. so he can look for the exact part for my car and it showed a different part number(96939-ZQ01A) WOW!!!!!!! the price of this piece showed $16.92. THAT'S RIGHT!!!!! $16.92. So I ordered it. What the hell, if it's not the right part we'll send it back and that $16.92 will go toward the correct one. Well the part came in and it is the correct part with the lights, a/c vents and controls. The only thing I had to do is remove the LCD screen from the old console and put it in the new one. The Parts guy couldn't believe it either. The part description comes up as REAR OVERHEAD FINISHER CONSOLE. It's for models with rear entertainment systems.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode