post #51 of 61 Old 03-31-2012, 12:57 PM
AngelVivas
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
AngelVivas is on a distinguished road
Garage
Would these rub or require some modification?

33X12.50R18

Angel Vivas, III
2006 Nissan Armada SE 4x2 Silver Lightning

UPRev Tuned (Cajun Style)
Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust
Cajun Catless B-Pipes
Volant Cold Air Intake
CSF 3328 Racing All-Aluminum Radiator
2" Front Leveling Kit (To Even Her Out)
Bilstein HD Front Struts
Interior LED Kit
6000 HID Kit
Nissan Black Grill Guard

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 61 Old 04-07-2012, 01:14 PM
alagnak
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
alagnak is on a distinguished road
Any thoughts on my situation below:

- Running 305/60/18 (Cooper STT's) on a 2.5" spacer lift
- Now giving the beast over to my wife as I've gotten a new pickup that will take over the heavy offroading/playtime kind of stuff
- She's 99% a city driver, although this is Denver, so snow, etc are not uncommon so I'd like to stick with an A/T
- We'll also still use it for mild off-road (gravel/rocks/dirt) for family camping, etc

Looking at 2 options:

- Leave the lift on and get a less-agressive tire in the same size range (305/60/18, 285/65/18 appear to be the only real choices here. Possibly Nittos in the 295/70/18)

- Take the lift off and go slightly larger than stock (maybe 285/65/18). This opens a lot more possibilities, but obviously taking the lift off is more $$.

I thought it would be easier, but there seems to be a lack of options in a non-mud tire around the 32.5-33 inch tires.

Last edited by alagnak; 04-07-2012 at 01:18 PM.
post #53 of 61 Old 06-16-2012, 12:30 AM
cjcorrea
SHIFT_Hardcore

cjcorrea is on a distinguished road
Garage

post #54 of 61 Old 11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Xcel82
SHIFT_Lurker

Xcel82 is on a distinguished road
Best ride/off road tires for P275/60r20

I have an 09' LE. I would like to eventually put a Daystar 2.5" leveling on it, front and rear. What is the best tires I can put on it that will agree with the life. I have stock Michelin tires on it now. Do I need a smaller rim size for bigger tire or would BFG Rugged Terrains T/A 114s work well? Discount tire said $906/4 OTD. Thanks
post #55 of 61 Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 AM
patrm
SHIFT_Lurker

patrm is on a distinguished road
I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon and recommend the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. I had them on my Yukon XL and they were great. They were quiet, handled well, and got me through sand and snow. I had almost 50,000 miles on them when I traded in my Yukon on the Armada; they still had a ton of tread left. I know have them on my Armada.

I didn't see anyone review the Silent Armour yet. I had those on my Expedition. I was not too impressed. They were quiet and handled well in the rain. Snow performance was pretty horrendous. At around 30,000 miles they wouldn't pass inspection.
post #56 of 61 Old 10-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Townending
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Townending is on a distinguished road
Just to confirm, we can run 325/60/18 on a stock height/stock rim armada and have no rubbing issues? Even at maximum turn?

04 Nissan Pathfinder Armada LE / 90,000 Miles / Green
04 Nissan Xterra S / 50,000 Miles / Yellow - R.I.P.
07 Nissan Xterra S / 60,000 Miles / White - R.I.P.
09 Nissan Murano SL / 55,000 Miles / Brown
post #57 of 61 Old 10-05-2013, 12:15 AM
MEGALE
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
MEGALE is on a distinguished road
Is anyone running the Toyo Proxes STii on their Mada? What about the Cooper Discovery HT Plus?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by MEGALE; 10-06-2013 at 03:42 PM.
post #58 of 61 Old 09-28-2014, 03:25 AM
BCarmada05
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
BCarmada05 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Had Dueler Revo II's for the last 2 sets of tires and thought I would try Michelin LTX2 M/S this time around.

I felt a difference immediately in regards to tire grippage and handling. It is a good feeling. We drove home on the hwy at 70mph and it was nice, it felt softer than the worn Revo IIs.

I went for these over the latter because of the ratings on tirerack and hopefully the wet and snow braking distance will be better.
post #59 of 61 Old 10-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Firemanjake
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Firemanjake is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, anyone of you have any suggestion from winter tires. My 2010 needs some new rubbers and I really don't know what to put on. Either stay with 20' and put something like Duratrac and run them all year long or go with some 18' and get new wheels...

Any input? anyone?
post #60 of 61 Old 10-03-2014, 10:43 AM
spta97
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
spta97 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCarmada05 View Post
Had Dueler Revo II's for the last 2 sets of tires and thought I would try Michelin LTX2 M/S this time around.

I felt a difference immediately in regards to tire grippage and handling. It is a good feeling. We drove home on the hwy at 70mph and it was nice, it felt softer than the worn Revo IIs.

I went for these over the latter because of the ratings on tirerack and hopefully the wet and snow braking distance will be better.
I had the same exact experience after going through two sets of Revos (I and II). The Revos were unstoppable (rain, snow, dry) when new, but they quickly wore down to nothing.

I upgraded my rims to 20"s and got the LTX MS/2s. Despite going up 2" and from a 70 to a 60 series profile, the ride was noticeably smoother. Rain performance is phenomenal and dry handling also improved. I cannot speak for snow as I don't use them in the winter but members here claim they are excellent due to the extreme siping of the tread. The zig-zag sipes also lock together during handling needs creating the advantages of a solid tread block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemanjake View Post
Hey guys, anyone of you have any suggestion from winter tires. My 2010 needs some new rubbers and I really don't know what to put on. Either stay with 20' and put something like Duratrac and run them all year long or go with some 18' and get new wheels...

Any input? anyone?

I got the Duratracs for my winter tire on my stock 18" rims. There is no other tire I have seen that looks as cool as them and they really give the truck a beefy tough-guy look.

The ride is surprisingly comfortable for an LT tire (I run at 40 PSI) I think due to the massive tread blocks that cushion the ride.

They are good in snow (snowflake symbol rated) but wet and dry performance suffers and they are HEAVY and LOUD. Not mud tire loud but you will definitely hear them especially when near a center barrier or wall .

Did you ever see Batman Begins or the Dark Knight with the new Bat-mobile? That's pretty much what you can expect...howling angry rubber sounds during any kind of driving or quick maneuvers....and a 2+ decrease in mileage due to the weight (though perhaps better than the Bat-Mobile ).

I got the Duratracs because I learned that my 20" chrome rims would get eaten away by road salt in the winter. I hemmed and hawed about getting another set of LTX MS/2s for my 18"s but decided to go with the cool factor (as the MS/2's are great tires but far from pretty).

The Duratracs have been good but I can easily spin them when wet and that sort of made me lose confidence in their wet performance. Snow is a non-event but I think that the MS2s may have been better unless it was extreme deep snow I was going through.

So bottom line, if you want to make a mature decision and get the best all year around tire with the better gas mileage get the LTX MS2 (They often run sales where you can get a gift card and I found Costco had the cheapest price).

If you often find yourself in extreme snow (like over 2 feet), love the cool factor and don't mind a dip in dry / wet performance / gas mileage get the Duratracs.

Let me know if you have any other questions - happy to help!

Giggity

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode