Rear Suspension Rebuild - Page 3 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#21 Old 12-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
I don't know, but there is only one part #. They were shipped from a "Brake Parts Inc." in California, I think maybe from Chowchilla??

I dropped them off for powdercoating this morning with the box and the box has the labels on it. They are supposed to be ready to pickup on Thursday so I'll see if the box is still there on Thursday. I would stop by and check but the Powdercoat shop is in another town over 20 miles away.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 12-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Kooshtaka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
I don't know, but there is only one part #. They were shipped from a "Brake Parts Inc." in California, I think maybe from Chowchilla??

I dropped them off for powdercoating this morning with the box and the box has the labels on it. They are supposed to be ready to pickup on Thursday so I'll see if the box is still there on Thursday. I would stop by and check but the Powdercoat shop is in another town over 20 miles away.
No worries Bob. :-) I was going to stop by local napa store and price them out... I think my stock le ones are too soft and possibly worn out. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
#23 Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
Here the OEM were priced at $180 something per pair and I paid around $140 for these then $45 for powdercoating. The paint is terrible, it is the electronic fusion paint but there was quite a bit of bare steel exposed when I opened the box, not very impressive IMHO.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#24 Old 12-09-2012, 07:58 PM
phillyboy
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
phillyboy is on a distinguished road
Rear Springs

Hey Pops...

I was looking into getting the rear springs from NAPA here in Canada but they weren't available anywhere... They would have to be shipped up from the States at a extra cost.

After doing some research I came to the conclusion that the OEM springs from a 2004/2005 SE 4X4 Armada without self leveling (17" wheels) would give some extra height and possibly a stiffer "ride" in the rear. Have you heard about this? When it comes down to price, I could get both springs around $180.
#25 Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Kooshtaka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboy View Post
Hey Pops...

I was looking into getting the rear springs from NAPA here in Canada but they weren't available anywhere... They would have to be shipped up from the States at a extra cost.

After doing some research I came to the conclusion that the OEM springs from a 2004/2005 SE 4X4 Armada without self leveling (17" wheels) would give some extra height and possibly a stiffer "ride" in the rear. Have you heard about this? When it comes down to price, I could get both springs around $180.
Yeah, that's essentially what the NAPA springs essentially are.

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
#26 Old 12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
Well, the Air-Lift bags arrived today and the NAPA coils are waiting to be picked up in the morning from the powdercoat shop. With any luck I hope to get this knocked out this weekend. Woot!!!

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#27 Old 12-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboy View Post
... After doing some research I came to the conclusion that the OEM springs from a 2004/2005 SE 4X4 Armada without self leveling (17" wheels) would give some extra height and possibly a stiffer "ride" in the rear. Have you heard about this? When it comes down to price, I could get both springs around $180.
Hmmm... 17" OEM wheels indicate the SE Offroad package which included the Tow Package with it. I just asked them for springs for an SE Non-Tow.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#28 Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 PM
GRILL
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
GRILL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, the Air-Lift bags arrived today and the NAPA coils are waiting to be picked up in the morning from the powdercoat shop. With any luck I hope to get this knocked out this weekend. Woot!!!
Keel us posted and don't forget to take lots of pics

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

'07 Smoke Mada: 20" OEM 08' Armada Rims, Nitto Trails 305/55R20, 6" ProComp Lift, Radflo coilvers, PRG UCAs, Firestone AirBag Spring Helpers, 2* Timing Advance, Airaid TBS, Borla Dual Exhaust, Volant CAI, Bully Dog, two Tech12volt underseat box w/ Alpine SWR-T10, Stinger 925 in rear & Alpine PDX 1.1000, ArmaDen 6000k low's
#29 Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 PM
E&J push'n wind
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
E&J push'n wind is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kooshtaka
Another option that I didn't see you list which would also take care of the rear springs is the air-bag-it system. if I remember correctly it deletes the rear springs and you can have them set it up for lifted applications. I believe it would require welding though so returning to stock in the future might be a tad tough with this option.

Quote:
The more I read online about the company history, the more I decided it's a bad idea. Apparantly it sounds like Joe has ripped off quite a few people in the past then blamed it on his staff. I could see where he might've been outsourcing his call center and running into problems but there was also a former employee that publicly posted dirt on the things Joe was instructing him to do wrong. One of the things he was doing was intentionally sending out the wrong product so he could make $$$ off the restocking fees, so he now has a changed policy that there is no charges for returned items within a time period. There's just more drama history than I want to deal with.

Richard, the secondary ProComp shocks are staying for now until Greg has time to order in some Radflo replacements for them.
If anybody was interested in a complete spring replacement with an airbag spring entirely and avoid the "drama" Pops is speaking of, this (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk....html?loc=Rear) may be what you are looking for. Price is right too!
#30 Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 PM
E&J push'n wind
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
E&J push'n wind is on a distinguished road
Just looking for some clarification on this. Are the nontow springs heavier than the springs that are associated with the tow package? I may be looking into this myself here real soon. The place I work has an account with Napa so there is a pretty good discount available to us.

When I change the springs I will invert my airbags so the nipple comes out the top instead.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode