Thanks Club Armada... - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#11 Old 12-12-2012, 07:11 PM
bloodieddoc
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bloodieddoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrddragn View Post
Is it Perry the platypus? Are you Phineas? LOL

BTW..what is your issue? Post it here maybe we can help you?

tap tap with my galaxy nexus.
You busted my cover, it is I Phineas...

Its a bouncy tach needle, more like a clock with a busted or stuck second hand that just rapidly goes up and down while at idle or even at maintaining a certain speed. I called Nissan and they say it might be a sensor on the gauge or coming out of the CVT. Its getting looked at tonight.

Chris

2008 Armada SE, Drivers Pkg, Smoke, Airbox Mod with K&N filter, R1 Concepts Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Posi Ceramics pads. 2 degree advance
2013 Altima 2.5S
2006 Equinox
1998 Altima
1998 Frontier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 12-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Kooshtaka is on a distinguished road
No worries... Richard is really Pherb!

Can't believe you'd call Phineas out like that... tsk tsk.

Chris: Hope everything gets sorted with the tach needle. tried laying off the accelerator? jk my guess is sensor issue.

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
#13 Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
I think the part is messed up or defective. My Honda accord did that..it would kind look like its stuck then jump. I replace that tach with a speedo I bought from the junk yard.

tap tap with my galaxy nexus.

'04 LE
#14 Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM
bloodieddoc
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooshtaka View Post
No worries... Richard is really Pherb!

Can't believe you'd call Phineas out like that... tsk tsk.

Chris: Hope everything gets sorted with the tach needle. tried laying off the accelerator? jk my guess is sensor issue.
Trust me I love this little car, but I got the 4 banger as it will be my daily driver, but she still gets up there pretty quick, trying to get use to the CVT and it making all the decisions.

Nissan thinks its a sensor too, we will see.

Chris

2008 Armada SE, Drivers Pkg, Smoke, Airbox Mod with K&N filter, R1 Concepts Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Posi Ceramics pads. 2 degree advance
2013 Altima 2.5S
2006 Equinox
1998 Altima
1998 Frontier
#15 Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
20yrs in the Navy means it's been awhile since you tolerated an insecure little snot-head still wearing feetsies on his PJ's.

Chris the jumping Tach could be a few things. I would start with changing the spark plugs then making sure the coil packs are making solid contact. Then I would clean the MAF sensor and the inside of the throttle body. If still there then I would pay a dealership a diagnosis fee to find it because theyu can test the Coilpacks if one is going bad.

Platypus, eh?? Dipsnot must've learned his new Big word for the day.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#16 Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 PM
scr38
SHIFT_Administrator

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
scr38 will become famous soon enough
I really appreciate the positive comments about CA (and CT). From the first, when we started up back in '04, our goal was to have a site free from all those negative things one sees on many other sites. Our members are the reason we have been able to keep our site the way it is. Our members respect of and the desire to help others have made this a good place to be.
Thank you all!
#17 Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
what pops said..

but not sure if this trick will help also but cheaper then the dealer.

if the car is revving up smoothly and the tach is jumpy i still think is the tach.

'04 LE
#18 Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 AM
sidgarza
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
sidgarza is on a distinguished road
Garage
I love this site. CA has me spoiled..now when I search for info on the volvo forums the experience is nowhere near CA. You guys are great, I'm glad I had a air bag light issue or i would have never found this site (and spent thousands of dollars...lol)

TT is another good source as well, with all the activity going on. At first I was kind of intimidated by TT when I would lurk around there. I remember a lot of trashing talk would go on but I have noticed the mods have been doing an awesome job cracking down on the first signs of trouble which is very respectable.

Look Chris got us in the 'I love you maaaan' mode lol.

TRADED IN: 2005 Nissan Armada SE Smoke: 2.5 NCD front/PRG 2" rear, 305/55 Nitto Terras, 20" Xd Hoss, Bilstein HDs, 18" Magnaflow Muffler (12" exhaust tip removed), 4" Airaid MXP Missile Intake, Tint (35%front/5%back), Bedlined Mirror Caps & Door Handles, Plasti Dipped Front/Rear Bumper, Removed Air Dam, Debadged, Smoke LED Tail Lights, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Headlight Mod on Halo Projectors, 5000k Lows/Fogs, 5000k Switchback Turnsignals, Interior LED Swap, Superchips Tuned.

CURRENT VEHICLES:
2012 Toyota Prius IV
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
#19 Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 AM
bloodieddoc
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Bob,
Yea, after 20+ years, and 4 tours to Iraq and Afgan, I have little patience for people that treat people horribly. We have no idea how good we have it in this country and waste it away. It's the 2013 that I am having this issue with, so dealer is already notified and waiting.

Sid,

Too funny. In case you didn't know, it National Touchy Feely Month. Just spreading the word...

Chris

2013 Altima 2.5S
2006 Equinox
1998 Altima
1998 Frontier

Last edited by bloodieddoc; 12-13-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode