Yet another TPMS question - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#11 Old 12-13-2012, 03:29 PM
steveg_nh
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
steveg_nh is on a distinguished road
It doesn't specify, but I read it reports them clockwise. Not sure how to definitively verify.

The tire dealer reprogrammed them this morning again, and so far so good today.

2008 Armada SE 4x4 w/Leather, Comfort & Conv. Package, M&D DVD System, Rancho Suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 12-14-2012, 10:24 AM
verakot
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
verakot is on a distinguished road
Garage
I have one over-inflated tire with 45 psi. Yesterday it was shown in the second position on the screen, and today it is shown on the last position. So the measurements are not linked to any position on the screen.

2004 Nissan Armada LE
80K miles
Minneapolis, MN, USA.
#13 Old 12-14-2012, 01:07 PM
steveg_nh
SHIFT_Hardcore

Thanks. So it must be the same sensor. It's been in the first spot now for 2 days. If random it seems like it doesn't change every time. How will the dealer determine which one is the problem of its random? Batteries test good on all according to tire shop.

Made the appt with the dealer anyway. We'll see. Will likely have to fight for warranty to cover this. But it's only been 4 years. I've heard they should last much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2008 Armada SE 4x4 w/Leather, Comfort & Conv. Package, M&D DVD System, Rancho Suspension
#14 Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Campfamily is on a distinguished road
Mine is actually doing the same thing right now. The tire dealer said that all of the sensors tested fine (they used their little hand-held tester), but the light is still flashing. I just haven't had time to do anything about it.

For what it's worth, the top entry shows "**" on mine.

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
#15 Old 12-14-2012, 10:25 PM
steveg_nh
SHIFT_Hardcore

Yup, same here. Made an appt at the dealer. We'll see. I want them to look at some other things too. I'll keep you posted. Mine was originally showing in the third spot, and now it's the top. I wonder if a reset by disconnecting the battery for a while might reset things...

#16 Old 12-22-2012, 08:56 AM
steveg_nh
SHIFT_Hardcore

So it was a bad sensor. And the CPO warranty covered it so that was great.

But here's a follow up question...what type of accuracy should I expect? The new sensor consistently reads 2psi higher than actual. The other 3 original ones are dead on. So I look at the display and have 3 tires at 37 and one at 39. Drives me nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#17 Old 12-22-2012, 02:58 PM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
drewcs is on a distinguished road
That would drive me crazy too! Maybe the new one is calibrated differently? If it were me, for around $60 each I would assume the other 3 are soon to follow and just replace them all. At least you'll get the same make of sensor and won't be bothered finding which one is bad and changing each as they go.

'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 4300K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - R1Concepts Premium drilled/slotted w/posi ceramics front and back.
#18 Old 12-22-2012, 03:06 PM
steveg_nh
SHIFT_Hardcore

I thought about that, but the reading is wrong though. The dealer actually said to just let 2 pounds of air out of that tire so it reads the same as the others! Can you believe that!

They did say they would replace it if it doesn't correct after a while.

Last edited by steveg_nh; 12-22-2012 at 05:50 PM.
#19 Old 12-23-2012, 12:49 PM
verakot
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
verakot is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg_nh View Post
I thought about that, but the reading is wrong though. The dealer actually said to just let 2 pounds of air out of that tire so it reads the same as the others! Can you believe that!

They did say they would replace it if it doesn't correct after a while.
What tool do you use to manually measure the tire pressure? If you use electronic tire pressure gauge, the accuracy if this gauge is +/-2 psi. So when you think you tire pressure is 37, the actual pressure could be 35 or 39. I also believe Admada's TPMS also has an accuracy of +/-2 psi. So what you see on the display may actually be a correct pressure measurement. In addition you don't exactly know which tire has a higher tire pressure, like I said before the position on the screen is never linked to a specific tire.

2004 Nissan Armada LE
80K miles
Minneapolis, MN, USA.

Last edited by verakot; 12-23-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode