#11 Old 12-25-2012, 03:04 PM
AngelVivas
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
AngelVivas is on a distinguished road
Garage
Getting Falken Wildpeaks in a couple weeks.

Angel Vivas, III
2006 Nissan Armada SE 4x2 Silver Lightning

UPRev Tuned (Cajun Style)
Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust
Cajun Catless B-Pipes
Volant Cold Air Intake
CSF 3328 Racing All-Aluminum Radiator
2" Front Leveling Kit (To Even Her Out)
Bilstein HD Front Struts
Interior LED Kit
6000 HID Kit
Nissan Black Grill Guard

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 12-26-2012, 04:27 AM
drewcs
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
drewcs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV8 View Post
Thanks. I'm actually looking at the AT3s. I need something that will go in snow on hills. I have a pretty hairy commute in the winter.
Take a look at the ATP's which are exclusive to Discount Tire and have a bit different design than AT3's but are essentially the same tire. The tread is aggressive but not as much as say the Nitto Terra's. I really like the look, they are QUIET, mileage didn't take a hit and overall I've been very happy with them. We go boarding often and head up the ski hills here in BC so I need a good snow tire too. So far I've travelled 300 miles thru one pretty bad snow storm and they performed well. I have to honestly same they are not quite as good as the Bridgestone Dueller H/T's in the snow but they are better on dry pavement and have a slightly stiffer sidewall so there's a trade off. It's not that they are bad in the snow but they don't have as good straight line tracking over 40 mph. If I still had a choice of tire I would stay with the Coopers. The only bad thing is they hold a few more rocks than the Duellers but that's only the problem of the drivers behind me.

'06 LE, Airaid MXP CAI w/dry filter - BullyDog GT w/regular tune - 20" Titan wheels w/Cooper ATP's - Int/Ext LED conversion - 5000K HID low beams - Bilstein HD - Amsoil Synthetic everywhere - Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors w/ceramics pads
#13 Old 12-26-2012, 04:09 PM
E&J push'n wind
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
E&J push'n wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelVivas View Post
Getting Falken Wildpeaks in a couple weeks.
The Falken Wildpeak and Rocky Mountain are essentially the same tire. I think the Rockymountain is a Discount Tire exclusive and other tire dealers carry the Wildpeak FWIW.
#14 Old 12-26-2012, 11:28 PM
mtibby800
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mtibby800 is on a distinguished road
I am currently running a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers A/T. I have about 40,000 on them so fat and could probably get another 15,000. These tires have been great in all types of weather conditions.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#15 Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Achamp
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Achamp is on a distinguished road
Just bought Michelin LTX M/S 2 to replace Bridgestone HL Alenza 275/60/20 after 47k on them. The Bridgestones were a great tire and could of gone another 5k easy during the summer. I purchased the Michelins from Sears they offered $40.00 off and a rebate for $70.00 from Michelin. The price per tire was 301.00 before discount and rebate. Approx. $66.00 per tire more than the Alenza. I read the reviews on TR and the Michelins were the tire I was looking for. Tops in comfort, quiet, great handling,long lasting, 70k rating. Let me finish by saying they are worth it. I love them. They exceeded my expectations! I highly recommend them. The Bridgestones were great and you can't go wrong with them if price matters.
#16 Old 12-27-2012, 10:57 AM
PlatinumV8
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
PlatinumV8 is on a distinguished road
I ended up ordering the AT3s. The ATPs would have been much more expensive after ordering and installing them. The AT3s of course were out of stock and won't be in until next week....and it's snowing now. The good news, that after I get my tires installed, it won't snow again.

I'll see how many miles I get out of these. I may just go with Toyos or Nittos next time. It's pretty sad though that I put away money as my "tire fund" to be spent every two years.
#17 Old 12-27-2012, 11:14 AM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
FWIW..the rocky mtn I have on is champion on the snowy mtn of Utah yesterday. Slippery snow cover road, snow coming down lots of ppl sliding n slipping. Not this guy tow ppl out. Got yell at by a stranger cuz I was stop at a curve. I said I stop to help n ppl the people out of the way becuz they were on a blind curve and they r stuck. He said o I'll tell them. LOL. Some ppl. Don't help just criticized. Anyways the tires n FAV perform great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

'04 LE
#18 Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM
repo_man
SHIFT_Lurker

repo_man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achamp View Post
Just bought Michelin LTX M/S 2 to replace Bridgestone HL Alenza 275/60/20 after 47k on them. The Bridgestones were a great tire and could of gone another 5k easy during the summer. I purchased the Michelins from Sears they offered $40.00 off and a rebate for $70.00 from Michelin. The price per tire was 301.00 before discount and rebate. Approx. $66.00 per tire more than the Alenza. I read the reviews on TR and the Michelins were the tire I was looking for. Tops in comfort, quiet, great handling,long lasting, 70k rating. Let me finish by saying they are worth it. I love them. They exceeded my expectations! I highly recommend them. The Bridgestones were great and you can't go wrong with them if price matters.
I'll second the LTX M/S 2's. Very confortable ride and less noise than the conti's. treadwear seems good too. I probably have about 7k miles on mine and they still look new but that's not really a bunch of miles to compare. I didn't notice a change in gas mileage but I wasn't expecting to either.
#19 Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM
csptk
SHIFT_Newbie

csptk is on a distinguished road
I replaced the 275/60/20 Latitude Tours (stock tires) with Cooper Zeons at 17,000 miles. Although still happy with them, I'm down to 5.5-6/32nds with only 38,000 miles. Rotated every 6k miles too. So I'm looking at only about 8-10k more miles out of the Zeons (will replace around 3.5-4/32nds). Not real happy with the longevity, but otherwise vastly better than stock (other than noise).

My next tire will be the Hankook Dynapro ATM in the stock size.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode