Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Joe - does your Armada have the factory tow package? Not just the hitch, but the complete tow package? If you don't have the factory tow package, you need to add a relay; do a search on this forum and you'll read a whole lot about this, what to buy, and how to install it.
Also, double check the tow rating for your actual truck, with your options. I'm not sure about the 2012, but I know for my model year (2006), the two rating without the factory tow package was only 6500 lbs, compared to 9100 lbs with the tow package. There has been endless debate on this forum and others like titantalk about what makes that difference, and whether it really matters; ultimately you have to make that decision yourself. But, if you don't have the factory tow, you may be towing overweight with the trailer you have.
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 15 Ford Focus Electric (commuter car)
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 70,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
Last edited by Campfamily; 11-03-2012 at 10:40 AM.