turkeylord
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
turkeylord is on a distinguished road
Remote Starter Questions

Hi all,

My wife is looking to have a remote start installed in her '05 Armada. I've been digging around here and ClubTitan and haven't found a whole lot of info. Best I've found so far is this walkthrough: http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26260 .

One thing (obviously) not addressed there is the power liftgate. I don't see it on either of the two wiring diagrams I've found either. Has anyone wired their liftgate into an aftermarket remote start? Wire location? Type of trigger?

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-03-2013, 05:45 PM
9balllrook
SHIFT_Hardcore

9balllrook is on a distinguished road
My Viper ( or any of the other serpent) remote starters with an aux button can be programmed to work the lift gate. Mine has been working great for about 5 years!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Jerry's 06 SE off road
07+ Intake, Injen CAI, JBA long tubes, Gibson Cat Back, UpRev tuned, 08 caliper kit w/ Frozen/Slotted Rotors, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Stillen 2-row/aluminum Radiator, PML pan, TransGo shift kit, 2" PRG lift, Bilstein 5100s, 20" Ultra Goliath w/Pirelli Scorpion ATR 305/55/20, 4ga. Grounding Kit, LEDs & HIDs, Kenwood DNX-9960 Alpine PDX amps, Kef separates,
(2) underseat subs w/Kenwood 10' slims, Twin Stinger Batteries, remote start & protection by Python

#3 Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM
imtfox
SHIFT_Newbie

imtfox is on a distinguished road
TRUNK RELEASE Blue/white At release switch in dash

That's what I could find for a 2006... which I would assume is the same for 2005

I just did another remote start in my 2011 so it was a little easier because those functions are controlled by the interface module
#4 Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 AM
turkeylord
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtfox View Post
TRUNK RELEASE Blue/white At release switch in dash

That's what I could find for a 2006... which I would assume is the same for 2005

I just did another remote start in my 2011 so it was a little easier because those functions are controlled by the interface module
Thanks. We actally had a dealer install one on Wednesday

He was able to hook up the lift gate, but we noticed something interesting. The liftgate won't open while the car is running on remote start. Anyone know of a way to bypass this?
#5 Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 PM
TopazM3
SHIFT_Hardcore

TopazM3 is on a distinguished road
Remote starts usually keep the car locked until you unlock the doors. Will it work after you unlock the car while running on remote?
#6 Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 PM
turkeylord
SHIFT_Lurker

I'll try that tonight, thanks.
#7 Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 PM
spta97
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
spta97 is on a distinguished road
My dealer installed remote start (Audiovox I think) won't start the radio or lift gate.

I have to put the key in the ignition and press the brake peddle in order for the lift gate to work. Funny thing is, if you press the button on the dash nothing happens - until you put the key in. Learned that the hard way.

From what I understand, you have to hook up separate devices to the remote start. Sure wish those two were hooked up as my Pioneer Navi takes forever to boot up and the ability to open the lifgate would be nice.

Giggity
#8 Old 01-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Olds67
SHIFT_Newbie

Olds67 is on a distinguished road
Our Armadas have two accessory wires coming from the ignition. If only one of those wires are given power from the remote starter, all of the accessories tied to the other will not function until the key is in giving it power. Some remote systems have the ability to run a second accessory out of the box and some require an additional relay to be added. It sounds like one of the accessory wires is not hooked into your remote start for your radio as well as the power lift gate.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#9 Old 01-16-2013, 02:16 PM
imtfox
SHIFT_Newbie

imtfox is on a distinguished road
The key to knowing which functions are supported by the remote start are the ones supported by the factory. If the power lift gate works with the button and the key on, there is no reason it shouldn't with the remote start. If the radio powers up with the key on, there is no reason it shouldn't with the remote start. Sounds to me like the installer was a tad lazy...
#10 Old 01-22-2013, 09:41 AM
turkeylord
SHIFT_Lurker

Messed with it some this morning. No luck while remote started locked or unlocked. So I gave up and went to work...

Well, I just got a call from the wife - apparently, the remote start timed out, and when it shut off the liftgate opened.

She also said it was unresponsive to the buttons, just like you said spta97.

Olds67 - The lift gate operates via remote just fine as long as the engine is not running on remote start, so I'm pretty sure everything that needs to be powered is. <shrug>

imtfox - I know my installer well and he seemed to be familiar with needing to have the remote start shut off to operate the liftgate. Have you had luck getting it to work?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode